Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2236717 - 05/14/20 08:51 PM CCPA and Business Accounts
valp Offline
New Poster
Hello everyone. I have a question regarding CCPA and business accounts. I am getting conflicting information from our regulator and our league. Our regulator says that we have to provide a privacy notice to our business customers and our consumer customers as well as an option to opt out. Our league says that we only have to provide to consumer accounts and only if there has been a change to what we share. We do 90% of our business with business accounts and in addition, we only have about 2,000 customers so I am confident that the CCPA doesn't even apply to us because we fall under the 50,000 devices and households limit in the reg. Any advice?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2236754 - 05/15/20 04:31 PM Re: CCPA and Business Accounts valp
TryingtoComply Offline
Diamond Poster
The West
This is specific to CA. You may want to repost to that forum.

But to answer your question, CCPA most certainly applies to business accounts if the institutions is COVERED. For example, it applies to authorized signers and guarantors on loans. It applies to CA residents if you are collecting information about them. Your Notice at Collection should provide examples of why you are collecting information.

If you do not believe your institution is covered, then it would be worth revisiting this. As with any regulation or law, the first step is to determine if it applies to the institution. smile

Return to Top
#2236761 - 05/15/20 04:47 PM Re: CCPA and Business Accounts valp
Reg Warrior Offline
100 Club
Hi valp

Here is a link to previous discussions on CCPA. There is a three prong test to determine if you need to comply with the CCPA: $25 million in revenue, 50,000 residents/devices in CA, or you sell your CA consumer PI. If you say yes to any of the three, you qualify for CCPA.

If you have any questions send me a message.

https://www.bankersonline.com/forum...0/new-california-privacy-law#Post2183670

Return to Top
#2237095 - 05/21/20 04:34 PM Re: CCPA and Business Accounts TryingtoComply
valp Offline
New Poster
Thanks!

Return to Top
#2237096 - 05/21/20 04:36 PM Re: CCPA and Business Accounts Reg Warrior
valp Offline
New Poster
Thank you! I'm pretty new to this forum, so when you say send me a message if I have further questions, do you mean to click on that hyperlink and ask my question in the other forum?

Return to Top
#2237098 - 05/21/20 04:38 PM Re: CCPA and Business Accounts valp
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
To send a private message to another user. click on the hyperlink of that user's name and select "private message" from the drop down menu.

Return to Top