Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2236828 - 05/18/20 04:42 PM File a SAR on our customer's customer??
Susan Offline
Recently, we've had alerts on the account of a landscaping company for checks deposited, then cash out. He's obviously using the cash to pay workers. All the deposited checks, however, are coming from a church. The church is non-traditional, and does not appear to be part of a larger denomination. The check memo lines all reference different addresses, and all are residences. Some of the checks are $10,000 and up. It appears that the non-taxed church is using non-taxed funds to pay for expensive landscaping at (presumably) the expensive homes of its director and staff members. The bank the checks are drawn on is one of the big banks, and does not respond to 314b requests.

Thoughts?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2236840 - 05/18/20 06:06 PM Re: File a SAR on our customer's customer?? Susan
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
The property could be church owned. As a taxpayer I would be appalled but is it illegal?

if you have the addresses; you could possibly find ownership of the property (if your state allows) if not owned by the church it would to an easy file in my opinion.

I would also say that if information comes to light that your customer knows that this is not church property they could be a subject,

CAMS

Return to Top
#2236841 - 05/18/20 06:07 PM Re: File a SAR on our customer's customer?? Susan
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
it may be best to move this to the private forum as well.

CAMS

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z