Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#2238612 - 06/24/20 07:32 PM Re: Lynne's Battle - More Prayers RVFlyboy
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
It just shouldn't be a battle every month to get what's needed - good grief. You'd think they could evaluate her situation and call it good for a year. Then again, I think medical issues should be between the patient and their doc without the insurance companies getting involved at the level of involvement they've gotten... I'm really sorry you guys are still dealing with this. Hope Lynne gets some relief from the pain management clinic.

Return to Top
#2238638 - 06/25/20 01:12 PM Re: Lynne's Battle - More Prayers RVFlyboy
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
It's crazy. The pain management docs will only write the prescription for 28 days max and then she has to go an hour's drive each way to the clinic to be seen (and often pee in a cup). The new Rx cannot be filled before the day the previous Rx runs out. But then there invariably winds up being a glitch and we need to get a PA from the doc for insurance to cover which then delays by several days getting the meds so she is without during that time. Or the pharmacy doesn't have enough of that particular med on hand but is not allowed to fill a partial order on controlled substances, so they have to order and wait for it to arrive. We could pay the non-insurance cost but that is around $1500.00 for a 28 day supply, so that's just crazy. So she's at their mercy. It's awful watching her have to suffer because of stupid bureaucracy and CYA attitudes.

Return to Top
#2238640 - 06/25/20 01:31 PM Re: Lynne's Battle - More Prayers RVFlyboy
Soccer Offline
Diamond Poster
Utopia
That is just wrong on so many levels. I hope it gets better for your wife. Prayers to all.

Return to Top
#2238646 - 06/25/20 01:55 PM Re: Lynne's Battle - More Prayers RVFlyboy
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
This is horrible, Jim.

Return to Top
#2238651 - 06/25/20 03:07 PM Re: Lynne's Battle - More Prayers RVFlyboy
one deer Offline
Any where but work
I do not know how responsive your state legislators are; but you can call their offices and relay your wife's struggles to them. I have seen this work in extreme cases. Being treated in this manner by doctor's and insurance providers and pharmacies is wrong on so many levels because the rules are ridiculous.

Return to Top
#2238684 - 06/25/20 08:53 PM Re: Lynne's Battle - More Prayers RVFlyboy
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
A 4 week supply? That's ridiculous (as you obviously know). Even with a controlled substance, I get a 30 day supply and can refill at 25 days. One time I picked it up at 25 days because I was leaving for a week on the road and the pharmacist tried to put a hold on it until 28 days. We had a brief chat and he released it. A couple of times I've let it run low and they were out when I needed to fill it, but Walgreens checked other Walgreens in the area and it was just a matter of transferring the script. I've had bigger problems picking up Sudafed. I'm fuming on your behalf. This is just wrong on every level. Lynne shouldn't have to suck it up when she runs out and has to play the waiting game. I know y'all live in the middle of nowhere, but is that the only pharmacy you can use?

Return to Top
#2238724 - 06/26/20 05:20 PM Re: Lynne's Battle - More Prayers RVFlyboy
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I wonder if it is helpful to notify the pharmacy a few days in advance that an order will be placed, allowing them to pre-order the drug?
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#2238748 - 06/26/20 08:00 PM Re: Lynne's Battle - More Prayers Andy_Z
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted by Andy_Z
I wonder if it is helpful to notify the pharmacy a few days in advance that an order will be placed, allowing them to pre-order the drug?

We've told them that but they don't want to keep it on hand both for security reasons and because it's so expensive for the particular medication she is on.

Return to Top
#2239017 - 07/02/20 09:14 PM Re: Lynne's Battle - More Prayers RVFlyboy
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
Jim, just looking at BOL after extended hospitalization due to back surgery.
A few years ago, I had the pleasure of meeting Lynne. She is as wonderful as you have always alleged.
Prayers are going out for both of you, and prayer warriors in SC and Florida will be contacted to add you to their intercession
God Bless. Rocky

Return to Top
#2239808 - 07/19/20 10:34 PM Re: Lynne's Battle - More Prayers RVFlyboy
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
Jim, hope you can provide an update for Lynne. You are both in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks so much

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett