Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2237773 - 06/09/20 06:33 PM is anyone here familiar with VT DLs?
SmallBankBSA Online
100 Club
I have a customer wishing to open a new business account who has a Vermont DL that expired in 2012. For real. We are not located in VT and I am trying to contact the DMV in VT but am getting nowhere. When questioned, customer states that VT does not require a new picture to be taken every year and they don't send a new license but rather a renewal certificate with the new expiration date. Can someone confirm this? Can you point me to where I can find this? I'd hate to ruin a potential new commercial relationship because of my lack of understanding.
Thank you

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2237775 - 06/09/20 06:40 PM Re: is anyone here familiar with VT DLs? SmallBankBSA
BrianC Online
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
but rather a renewal certificate with the new expiration date

Illinois had this a few years back, but we were required to keep the renewal certificate with our license as proof that we had renewed it. I'd be asking for a copy of the certificate along with the license.

Return to Top
#2237778 - 06/09/20 07:01 PM Re: is anyone here familiar with VT DLs? SmallBankBSA
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
This would leave me with the impression that someone is blowing smoke rings. I would be doing a little more digging.

https://dmv.vermont.gov/licenses/renew

You may renew by mail if your license photo was taken within the last 4 years and is not a Commercial Driver's License.

or here:

https://dmv.vermont.gov/tag/license-renewal

Renew Driver's License or ID Card

Renew your Driver's License or Non-Driver Identification Card securely online in 5 minutes or less using VTPics, Vermont DMV's online service portal!

Most types of license or ID can be renewed via this service. Upon completion, you will receive a confirmation that you can print immediately and carry it with your current license/ID. Your permanent license will arrive by mail within 10 business days.

Have your Vermont Driver's License or ID Number and your credit card number ready.

Return to Top
#2237782 - 06/09/20 07:43 PM Re: is anyone here familiar with VT DLs? SmallBankBSA
SmallBankBSA Online
100 Club
Thank you both very much for your help! The whole situation is sticky to me as well.

Return to Top
#2237798 - 06/09/20 10:03 PM Re: is anyone here familiar with VT DLs? SmallBankBSA
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I have a customer wishing to open a new business account who has a Vermont DL that expired in 2012. For real. We are not located in VT

That is 8 years ago; but that is not the first question. If they are still VT residents why are they opening an account with you?

CAMS

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z