Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2238176 - 06/16/20 06:18 PM Deposit Account Referral Document
Bankwoman1 Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
One of our branches is wanting to hand out "talking points" about our deposit accounts to our customers. The document highlights each account and has a place for the teller to list their name as a referrer. The items listed about each account is not everything listed on the TISA disclosures, just a few highlights. I would consider this a type of advertisement so believe we need to follow advertisement rules, however, would not need everything listed that is on our account disclosures - correct?

I would almost prefer they use our TISA disclosures and write their name at the bottom as the referrer instead of coming up with something different. Thoughts?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#2238179 - 06/16/20 06:28 PM Re: Deposit Account Referral Document Bankwoman1
BrianC Online
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
They are advertisements and would need to have everything from 1030.8 and/or 1030.11 if triggering terms are included. (APY, bonus or courtesy overdraft program). They'd also have to be trained to provide a TISA if a customer requests more information in response to the ad.

Return to Top
#2238183 - 06/16/20 06:39 PM Re: Deposit Account Referral Document BrianC
Bankwoman1 Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Thank you Brian. I think I will work with them to get our tellers familiar with our TISA and using them when referring a customer.

I appreciate your help!

Return to Top
#2238240 - 06/17/20 03:35 PM Re: Deposit Account Referral Document Bankwoman1
Diane Dean Offline
There may also be a way to give out "talking points" on an account without involving triggering terms, such as the APY.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett