Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2238228 - 06/17/20 02:40 PM MLA for CD/SAVINGS
Anonymous
Unregistered

We are looking to add the MLA product to our credit pulls, my question is for CD/SAVINGS account if you do not pull credit, how do you go about getting the MLA checked?
Do you just go to the DOD website and pull manually?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2238229 - 06/17/20 02:44 PM Re: MLA for CD/SAVINGS Anonymous
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Why do you need to know on a deposit account?

#2238236 - 06/17/20 03:25 PM Re: MLA for CD/SAVINGS Anonymous
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
Randy, I believe the question is how to do an MLA verification on a deposit secured loan when they don't pull a credit report and generally rely on a credit report for the MLA check.

To answer the question for Anon: If your institution is relying on credit reports for your MLA verification, then you will either need to pull a credit report (probably not going to happen) or develop a procedure to run a check through the DOD website manually. As deposit secured credits are covered under the MLA, the check needs to be done. How the check is completed (credit report vs manual) doesn't matter - it just has to be done.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

#2238241 - 06/17/20 03:36 PM Re: MLA for CD/SAVINGS Anonymous
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If banks are making CD loans and not pulling credit reports - they need their heads examined. I am aware of a bank that made a 6 figure loan to a customer secured by a CD. Unfortunately, the customer had an outstanding IRS tax lien that preceded the loan and execution of the security agreement that would have been found by pulling a credit report. I do not have to say what eventually happened do I? .

#2238278 - 06/17/20 08:35 PM Re: MLA for CD/SAVINGS Adam Witmer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you for your response!

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale