Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2238505 - 06/23/20 05:32 PM Asking for a google review via an e-mail
Multiple Hats Offline
100 Club
We are considering sending an e-mail to customers after an account and/or loan is opened asking for a google review. The e-mail would say something like...."Would you guys be willing to do a google review for us? Sorry to push but it really helps our company get future business."

We would include some screen shots and instructions on how to leave us a google review. There wouldn't be any marketing of other products or services in this e-mail so I don't believe the CAN-SPAM ACT would apply. I don't believe we would be required to keep a "do not e-mail" list for this type of e-mail or offer some type of "unsubscribe" option with this.

Am I missing something?

Return to Top
Marketing
#2238510 - 06/23/20 06:33 PM Re: Asking for a google review via an e-mail Multiple Hats
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
So you want to send an unsolicited e-mail to me asking me to do something for you without providing me an opt-out? Personally, I would be closing my account the next day.

I think you need to weigh new customers like me versus any perceived benefit you are going to get from a rating/review on Google. People don't walk into a bank based on some review on Google. They do it because somebody personally recommended the bank or it is right around the corner or other brand marketing has created a good image.

People detest unsolicited e-mails and nothing like teaching your customers to read and act on unsolicited e-mails that say they are from the bank.

But that is just my personal opinion.

Return to Top
#2238574 - 06/24/20 03:56 PM Re: Asking for a google review via an e-mail Multiple Hats
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
I agree totally with Randy. Plus, what would you do if someone left a negative review that you have no control over? Especially because you e-mailed them asking for one. A better approach if management is h*ll bent on doing this is to send a customer survey and you could include verbiage such as happy with our service? Tell others and let them decide to post a google review.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker