Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2238627 - 06/24/20 09:11 PM ABA CERP Designation
Incognito1 Offline
New Poster
Hello -
I have been thinking about getting ABA's CERP designation for some time. I have been hesitant because they haven't yet created a traditional exam study guide. Instead, they provide a billion links to articles that are daunting and frustrating to get through; especially, for only a 200 question exam. I saw where they have a virtual (yeah!) Risk School this year and you can include the CERP exam fee into the cost of the school. It is very expensive and will take up all of my training funds. Therefore, I really want to make sure that it is worth it. I have done ABA's Certificate in Risk Management Frameworks previously and found that it was too basic. Long story short, I'm looking for anyone that may have taken the CERP exam. If anyone has, I would like to know if they went to both the Foundational and Advanced Risk Schools before taking the exam? Do you have any tips or feedback on the exam or certification? There are many options out there for certifications so looking for some great insight. Thank you!

Return to Top
Risk Management
#2239203 - 07/07/20 08:46 PM Re: ABA CERP Designation Incognito1
jaschmid Offline
New Poster
I took the exam last Fall. You are right, there were a bunch of links but you will find that they are repetitive so do not feel overwhelmed. What helped me was my experience/exposure in several areas of risk management over the years. Participation in Loan Committee, ALCO, Compliance and IT committees will be beneficial. I relied on my job responsibilities to help me pass this exam (and it took me every minute to answer all 200 questions). If you would like to chat more, please PM me.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z