Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2238828 - 06/30/20 04:10 PM tiered interest rates on TISA disclosures?
SmallBank3 Offline
Do any of you include the tiered interest rates on TISA disclosures for interest bearing accounts? We are re-doing ours and currently do not.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2238829 - 06/30/20 04:14 PM Re: tiered interest rates on TISA disclosures? SmallBank3
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If you pay tiered interest rates on a deposit account - how in the world can you not disclose it as such?

Return to Top
#2238832 - 06/30/20 04:31 PM Re: tiered interest rates on TISA disclosures? SmallBank3
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Are you attaching a current rate sheet by chance?

Return to Top
#2238842 - 06/30/20 06:02 PM Re: tiered interest rates on TISA disclosures? SmallBank3
SmallBank3 Offline
We do a rate sheet separately - just curious the pros and cons and what others may do. I would rather update a rate sheet than all the different disclosures.

Return to Top
#2238843 - 06/30/20 06:06 PM Re: tiered interest rates on TISA disclosures? SmallBank3
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
There is no requirement that the TILA disclosures be in a single document. Many banks use rate sheets for the APY disclosure portion.

Section 1030.3--General Disclosure Requirements

(a) Form.

1. Design requirements. Disclosures must be presented in a format that allows consumers to readily understand the terms of their account. Institutions are not required to use a particular type size or typeface, nor are institutions required to state any term more conspicuously than any other term. Disclosures may be made:

i. In any order.

ii. In combination with other disclosures or account terms.

iii. In combination with disclosures for other types of accounts, as long as it is clear to consumers which disclosures apply to their account.

iv. On more than one page and on the front and reverse sides.

v. By using inserts to a document or filling in blanks.

vi. On more than one document, as long as the documents are provided at the same time.

Return to Top