Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2239081 - 07/04/20 02:53 PM New CTR Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

I’m trying to understand how many part 1’s would be needed in the following situation:

John Doe makes multiple deposits to the same business account totaling $12,000. How many part 1’s are needed? Two - to show John and the business? Would it be different if John Doe deposited to two different accounts - same business? What triggers the number of part 1’s needed?

This is still in effect for batch filers by September 1st right?

Your help is appreciated!

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2239082 - 07/04/20 03:14 PM Re: New CTR Question Anonymous
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
Two part I's in this situation. One for John conducting on behalf of another and one for the business for the person on whose behalf transactions are conducted.

What impacts the number of part I's is if more than one role in item 2 applies to a person. In your example, if John had also made a deposit to his personal account, John would end up with two Part I's One for the transaction(s) he conducted on his own behalf and one for the deposits conducted on behalf of another.

Deposits to a different account of the same business are still John acting in the same role of depositing on behalf of another. In this instance you would just list additional account numbers for the same Part I.

#2239083 - 07/04/20 05:04 PM Re: New CTR Question Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for your response Brian and happy 4th. I appreciate the clarification.

If John had made deposits to two different businesses, would he be listed twice then?

#2239084 - 07/04/20 06:13 PM Re: New CTR Question Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rereading what you had said....I think he’s be just listed once with the two account numbers.

#2239085 - 07/05/20 02:38 AM Re: New CTR Question Anonymous
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
Correct. Then we would have three part I's. Assuming the businesses are not sole-proprietorships, you'd have one for John, one for Business A and one for Business B.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale