Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#2239309 - 07/09/20 01:35 PM Tested positive for COVID 19
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Please keep my sister and brother in law in your prayers. They both tested positive for Covid 19 and are both exhibiting symptoms with fever, chills, fatigue, loss of appetite. My BIL is much older and high risk.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#2239314 - 07/09/20 02:24 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Goodness Walden - prayers going up now.

Return to Top
#2239318 - 07/09/20 02:53 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
Sending prayers for them.

Return to Top
#2239327 - 07/09/20 03:58 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
Sending prayers.

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#2239331 - 07/09/20 04:15 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
You/They got em!

Return to Top
#2239332 - 07/09/20 04:23 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Prayers Walden. My pastor friend is just getting through it now. His wife and kids think they had it, but they had like mild colds, but he said today is the first day in two weeks he could get up and shower and dress without assistance, and he's only about 45, so not too old at all. Weird how it hits people so differently.

Return to Top
#2239394 - 07/10/20 02:50 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Prayers going up!

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2239495 - 07/13/20 08:15 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Sunshine Lady Offline
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
Prayers coming your way!

Return to Top
#2239496 - 07/13/20 08:16 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Walden - how are your sister and brother-in-law doing?

Return to Top
#2239509 - 07/13/20 09:57 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
They don't feel good but are still at home. Apparently you don't get admitted to hospital until you can't breathe.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#2239599 - 07/14/20 10:27 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
Ouch. Prayers ascending!

My priest has it and was completely exhausted a week ago, but mild symptoms otherwise - I'd guess he's mid-40s. Our CFO has a nasty case of it, but is still at home - I put him around 60.

Return to Top
#2239612 - 07/15/20 01:51 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
Update - my sister's fever has broken, but her husband is exhibiting more symptoms with a nasty cough.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#2246510 - 12/14/20 07:44 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
My wife tested positive about a week ago. Thankfully she's had a mild case. Fever, cough, loss of taste and smell. She describes it as like a severe head cold with congestion. Somehow the kids and I have missed it, so she has kept to the bedroom and I have taken up residence on the couch.

Return to Top
#2246512 - 12/14/20 07:50 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
My sister in law tested positive the week of Halloween, she went into the hospital on November 1, and sadly, passed away on the 18th of November. She was a ventilator for 17 days.
Nine other members of my family tested positive at the same time. Thankfully we had not been near them.

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#2246513 - 12/14/20 07:53 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
chenin Offline
Diamond Poster
chenin
My husband and I had it in Oct. I ended up in the hospital with pneumonia. I was in ICU for three days and then moved to a regular room. I was lucky. Hubby had a mild case, and felt fine in about 5 days. It is weird how the severity is so different for each of us. I still don't have my sense of smell or taste back. Prayers for all that catch this.

Return to Top
#2246583 - 12/16/20 12:44 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
DEL Offline
Platinum Poster
Maine
My husband and I had it in November. My husband did nothing but sleep and cough for several days but then turned a corner and got better. He's fine now but still tires easily. I only had a mild cold that I probably wouldn't have even been concerned about if my husband hadn't been sick. We're fine now but it was scary.

Return to Top
#2246605 - 12/16/20 03:55 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 DEL
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted by DEL
He's fine now but still tires easily.

milking it to get out of doing his honey-do list...sounds like a smart man smile

Return to Top
#2246628 - 12/16/20 07:19 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
one deer Offline
Any where but work
My 82 year old mother tested positive for Covid on October 20. She had a bad cough, no appetite, fatigue, never hospitalized because no secondary infections; she is almost back to normal (her words). My 92 year old father-in-law tested positive for Covid, after he laid around his house for a week insisting he just had a cold, he was hospitalized for 3 days because of pneumonia; bounced back to normal in about 3 weeks. They both live at home, not alone, and no one else became infected. My brother and son both tested positive for Covid, (BTW they lives states apart) a few days of feeling sick but overall the last week of the 2 week quarantine was torture as they felt fine; none of their family members caught it. I have worked every day of the Covid 19 pandemic, knock on wood still untouched by the Rona. Do I know people that have become ill and passed from Covid, yes; tragic. It just makes no sense to me that you can live in the same house with a Covid infected person and never become infected with Covid.

Return to Top
#2246633 - 12/16/20 08:04 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 one deer
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
I agree, my niece and nephew and their two kids live together, and only mom and son tested positive.

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#2246640 - 12/16/20 08:55 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Inherent_Risk Offline
Platinum Poster
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/which-test-is-best-for-covid-19-2020081020734

What about accuracy? The rate of false negatives — a test that says you don’t have the virus when you actually do have the virus — varies depending on how long infection has been present: in one study, the false-negative rate was 20% when testing was performed five days after symptoms began, but much higher (up to 100%) earlier in infection. The false positive rate — that is, how often the test says you have the virus when you actually do not — should be close to zero. Most false-positive results are thought to be due to lab contamination or other problems with how the lab has performed the test, not limitations of the test itself.

Testing positive and and being infected are 2 different things. False negatives, especially early in incubation, are pretty common. It's a tricky disease. Just because you tested negative doesn't mean you aren't infected. Just because you don't have symptoms doesn't mean you can't spread it. Stay safe out there.

Return to Top
#2246692 - 12/17/20 08:13 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
one deer Offline
Any where but work
I hear you Inherent. Some of the family members I mentioned above got tested some didn't. For instance my son tested positive, quarantined with his wife and young child, his wife has been tested 3 times negative all three, no testing done for young child. My mother tested positive, her boyfriend tested negative, boyfriend moved out for 2 weeks, no symptoms ever. My brother tested negative, rest of his family opted for no testing, no symptoms ever. I could go on and on. The thing is Covid is never, even with testing, even with a vaccine, going away. Rona is here to stay and we are going to have to learn to live with it/her. IMHO

Return to Top
#2246727 - 12/18/20 04:56 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
Genes determine who gets really sick with corona virus

This is an interesting article in Science Magazine based on a study done in the UK. It appears to suggest that there are markers in our genes , which if present, determine the severity of our illness with COVID-19.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#2246734 - 12/18/20 06:25 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Interesting!

Return to Top
#2246741 - 12/18/20 07:15 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
madukes Offline
Diamond Poster
madukes
Flyers Country
My cousin had a year long battle with cancer(s) Yes he had 3 different kinds. By the time they said he was cured he was too weak to do anything so ended up in a nursing home for rehab (where he caught the virus). He passed away about a week later (53). My neighbors went down the shore over the summer and within 2 weeks 3 (out of 7) were sick with the virus. The dad was the worst (seemed like pneumonia). Grandmom didn't go with them but they all live in the same house. Grandmom is 72 and high risk (diabetes, lupus and other ailments). She never got it and the rest of the family recovered.

Return to Top
#2246742 - 12/18/20 07:27 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
My sister works at a nursing home. She had several patients get it. The patients she didn't expect to survive did while other relatively healthy people passed away. But the most tragic story is from a elementary school friend of mine. He was an ultra-marathon runner with no pre-existing conditions. He passed from COVID just a week shy of his 40th birthday. It attacked his whole body and he died from multiple organ failure.

I am so ready for the vaccine. I will gladly take it as soon as I am able. The first patients in the clinical trials were injected in Jan/Feb of this year so it's shown to be very safe and highly effective.

Return to Top
#2246754 - 12/18/20 10:14 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Sunshine Lady Offline
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
My sister works in a nursing home also and she got the virus and has been off for over a month. She has tested negative, but her body has not bounced back and the doctor will not release her to go back to work. She has underlying issues which make her weak and short of breath, so I am hoping she builds up her system enough to get the vaccine if she wants to.

Return to Top
#2248281 - 01/27/21 09:08 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
One of my best friends from grade school was married to a 69 year old, healthy, very active guy. She's 65. They made a risk decision that as long as their EMT son-in-law wasn't quarantined, they'd include him, their youngest daughter, and their granddaughter in their bubble. He had several quarantines, they'd wait out the 2 weeks, then get back together. He got sick in mid-December, but tested negative. My friend had lunch with her daughter. Daughter tested positive the next day as did her EMT husband. By then, she'd dumped a viral load on my friend at lunch (no masks, because eating...) and then my friend ended up sick and tested positive. Shortly after that, her husband started coughing badly so they went to the ER. He was admitted straight to the ICU and she was admitted to a regular room because O2 stats weren't good enough to go home. 4 days later, she went home and they put him on a ventilator (December 23rd). He died on January 5th. I understand that they made a risk-based decision that they were comfortable with (and I wasn't), but what a tragic outcome. If they hadn't trusted a false negative or she had just decided to hold off on lunch until nobody was sick.... they've had a great 3 years of retirement with lots of international cruises and travel around this country, but d@mm1t. One tragic decision and that's just memories.

We got Pfizer dose #1 on Monday. Barely any side effects - just enough to know that my immune system was responding. Counting the days to the second dose.

Return to Top
#2248283 - 01/27/21 09:28 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I'm so sorry for your friend and her husband. I can't imagine the thoughts running through her head and the guilt. Prayers for the entire family.

My son is a teacher and told me this afternoon that he believes they are scheduled to get the first shot in early February.

Return to Top
#2248287 - 01/27/21 10:41 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
That is truly heartbreaking. The guilt on top of the pain must be immense. This year has been so tough. I'm so sorry for your friends family.
As the child to a parent in her 70's, I cannot explain the relief I've felt since she got her vaccines. It's like a weight has lifted. I know it's not fool proof but it's so measure of protection and reassurance.

Return to Top
#2248294 - 01/28/21 12:28 AM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
I can't imagine how my friend is handling this. She's in TX and has a lot of family and friends surrounding her. I hope that's enough. I think about her late at night.

I know the relief it feels to get an email on Friday night telling you to open the medical app to schedule the vaccine and Monday appointments are available. It's feels really good to have the second shot scheduled. I know it's only starting to talk to my immune system, but there's a date on the calendar now when it's going be as effective as it's going to get and that's a huge relief.

Return to Top
#2248573 - 02/02/21 09:16 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
PSA: when you get your 'invitation' to schedule for the vaccine, don't be picky about where to get it. If I'd picked the place closest to my home, I'd be waiting another six weeks. Hitting any location (in my city) got me, my husband and my 94 yr old mother in next week Friday.

A friend in another city had called to ask about a waiting list and was told to come right in because they had ten more doses to use up today.

Just remember, getting the vaccine doesn't mean you can throw your mask away. Stay vigilant till everyone who wants it has gotten the vaccine AND CDC gives the all clear.

Return to Top
#2248574 - 02/02/21 09:21 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Thanks for the heads up. In Tennessee they are now scheduling for ages 70 and older. When they drop to 65 my husband will get it. He originally said he would wait until I was eligible - but I told him that his getting the vaccine would help to protect me, too.

Return to Top
#2248915 - 02/09/21 06:27 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
i had it, was fortunate the symptoms were pretty light for me...sadly, i also gave to MsGilmore, MIL, SIL, BIL, 2 nephews...MsGilmore gave to 3 co-workers...because my first test was negative and told simply a sinus infection...fast forward 4 days and suddenly was positive...too late by that time for hte family bubble. We are lucky that everyone has come through without too much issue, could have been much worse.

Return to Top
#2248917 - 02/09/21 06:30 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
So glad everyone was OK Happy - and I'm sure that was a horrible feeling.

Return to Top
#2248933 - 02/09/21 07:51 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
praBSA Offline
Gold Star
Wife and 2 year old started symptoms on 1/8, I started symptoms on 1/15. Kid had a runny nose for a day. Wife had a debilitating headache, congestion, and quick shortness of breath for about 5 days. First two days I had no taste n smell, next 6 days were fever, chills, and extreme fatigue, 1 day of coughing to end it. All symptoms are now gone but I still have no taste and smell after about a month. Glad we all got through it. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Return to Top
#2248934 - 02/09/21 07:53 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I'm glad you all got through it too, praBSA.

Return to Top
#2248935 - 02/09/21 08:00 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Just got a rescheduling of my vaccination appt, and Mom's and hub's too. Seems UW was shorted 2400 doses so everyone waits a while longer. frown Wish we could get my 94 yr old mom in.

Return to Top
#2248996 - 02/10/21 03:36 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
praBSA Offline
Gold Star
I was wondering what happened here in NY. When Cuomo announced his tiers of people for vaccination, bankers were included in about the 3rd group of people with retail facing essential workers. We disappeared from that group and are no where to be found and are about at group 6 now without being mentioned in his plan. .sigh

Return to Top
#2249009 - 02/10/21 05:03 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Just got my second dose Monday (only reason I was offered it is because of my direct volunteerism with the local elder agency and having to go into elder homes). Anyway, FYI, yesterday the day after, I was home sick in bed with fever, bodyaches, headache, etc, all known side effects, especially with the second dose. If that makes time planning for your vaccine easier.

Return to Top
#2249079 - 02/11/21 01:50 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 praBSA
Soccer Offline
Diamond Poster
Utopia
Originally Posted by praBSA
I was wondering what happened here in NY. When Cuomo announced his tiers of people for vaccination, bankers were included in about the 3rd group of people with retail facing essential workers. We disappeared from that group and are no where to be found and are about at group 6 now without being mentioned in his plan. .sigh

I would really love to give you my thoughts about this (I also live in NY) but the moderators would not like it.

Hang in there, our time has got to be coming up at some point.

Return to Top
#2249095 - 02/11/21 04:12 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 Soccer
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted by Soccer

I would really love to give you my thoughts about this (I also live in NY) but the moderators would not like it.

Same here

CAMS

Return to Top
#2249110 - 02/11/21 05:53 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 edAudit
praBSA Offline
Gold Star
Originally Posted by edAudit
Originally Posted by Soccer

Same here

confused laugh laugh laugh

Return to Top
#2250887 - 03/19/21 03:10 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I just received my first dose (Pfizer) this morning and will receive the 2nd on April 15th. My husband gets his 2nd dose next Friday.

So far - so good!

Return to Top
#2250889 - 03/19/21 03:19 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
one deer Offline
Any where but work
Received my first Moderna vaccine March 4, to sick to do much for 3 days, felt fine until Friday afternoon, then the fever started and it was downhill from there. Still feel a bit foggy in my brain and some body aches, LOL maybe that's not from the vaccine perhaps its just being 61 years old. Yes I am taking the second vaccine after Easter to stay on schedule. Hope my reaction is no worse, fingers crossed. Onward and upward.

Return to Top
#2250891 - 03/19/21 03:26 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Fingers crossed for you, too - and hopefully your second dose will be much easier!

My husband and son got Moderna. My son had a sore arm for the first dose; however had a reaction to the 2nd dose - fever, headache, tiredness for a couple of days.

Return to Top
#2250895 - 03/19/21 03:49 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Purple Pride Offline
Purple Pride
Where I am supposed to be
I get my vaccine this afternoon. I am not sure which version I will be getting but hopeful it will be the one dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine. But I am not picky.

Return to Top
#2250897 - 03/19/21 03:58 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Glad you've got it scheduled PP.

Return to Top
#2250898 - 03/19/21 04:23 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 one deer
madukes Offline
Diamond Poster
madukes
Flyers Country
Son in law also got Moderna and was sick for 3 days (mid 40s); hubby got Pfizer and felt fine - goes for 2nd shot next week (67).

Return to Top
#2250900 - 03/19/21 04:25 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
madukes Offline
Diamond Poster
madukes
Flyers Country
Vaccination site here in Philly was run by the military - what a smooth operation. Hubby went and got his and total time frame from when he left the house and returned was an hour and a half (that included sitting for 20 minutes to make sure no reaction).

Return to Top
#2250924 - 03/19/21 07:41 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
InFairness, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
InFairness, CRCM
USA
I got Pfizer, and felt like I had a bad cold or mild flu for 1 day after first dose. Hopefully second won't be any worse. Local health department ran an awesome production line to get folks in and out smoothly.

Return to Top
#2250941 - 03/22/21 11:49 AM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
DEL Offline
Platinum Poster
Maine
My husband had his first shot last weekend and was sick for several days. I'm getting my first tomorrow - hopefully I'll have an easier time!

Return to Top
#2250944 - 03/22/21 12:09 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I got mine on Friday and my only reaction was a sore arm for about 24 hours. Hopefully yours will be an easy one, DEL.

Return to Top
#2250947 - 03/22/21 02:27 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Jim Schue Offline
New Poster
I've now received both doses of the Pfizer vaccine. No side effects with either dose other than a sore arm. Extremely happy!

Return to Top
#2250950 - 03/22/21 02:40 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I also received Pfizer so maybe I'll be just as lucky as you.

Return to Top
#2250957 - 03/22/21 04:18 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 Skittles
InFairness, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
InFairness, CRCM
USA
Originally Posted by Skittles
I also received Pfizer so maybe I'll be just as lucky as you.

From what I hear, Pfizer has fewer significant reactions than Moderna.

Return to Top
#2250958 - 03/22/21 04:27 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 InFairness, CRCM
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
Agreed. Almost everyone that I've spoken with mentioned that with Pfizer has minimal or no effects, while Maderna seems to have incapacitated some. .

Return to Top
#2250960 - 03/22/21 04:35 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
CuriousK Offline
New Poster
My husband and I had the Johnson & Johnson vaccine and both had minor flu like symptoms that started about 8 hours later and lasted for 24 hours. Neither of our arms were sore and we have been fine ever since. Would definitely do it again.

Return to Top
#2250995 - 03/22/21 09:17 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Comply 101 Offline
Platinum Poster
Comply 101
Had Pfizer on 3-4 and had sore arm for a couple of days. Looking forward to April 6th and second dose.

Return to Top
#2251061 - 03/23/21 08:00 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
OldeTymeBanker Offline
Last Friday one of my colleagues got his vaccine, and I got mine in a different locale same day. He got the Pfizer and felt unwell for about 36 hours. I got Moderna, along with my husband, and did not have even a sore arm. We'll see how our second doses go.

Return to Top
#2252034 - 04/08/21 03:32 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Got my first pfizer 3/22 - no effects. Get my second Monday and pray it runs just as smoothly.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2252035 - 04/08/21 03:34 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Fingers crossed Joker. I get mine next Thursday and feel the same.

Return to Top
#2252042 - 04/08/21 03:48 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
I get my 2nd Pfizer next week as well. I hope it goes as smoothly as the first, both in term of the administration and side effects. A different group is now managing the distribution site.

Return to Top
#2252044 - 04/08/21 04:27 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 hmdagal
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I had my first shot of Pfizer on 4/1 with just a sore arm for about 24 hours. Second shot scheduled for 4/23, fingers crossed my reaction is the same as the first.

Return to Top
#2252063 - 04/08/21 07:59 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Purple Pride Offline
Purple Pride
I get my 2nd Pfizer tomorrow (4/9) hoping it goes well. Sadly if it doesn't go well I miss out on a weekend day instead of a work day.

Return to Top
#2252073 - 04/08/21 09:51 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
I got my 2nd shot a couple weeks ago. My arm was sore for a couple days and my lymph node under my arm swelled up. Hubby got his 2nd yesterday and feels great. I think our branch is about 90% fully vaccinated too!

Return to Top
#2252077 - 04/08/21 11:38 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
My 2 weeks after the 2nd shot was up at 10:00 am today! Celebrated by taking the mask off in the car. :-)

Return to Top
#2252104 - 04/09/21 03:54 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Why would you need a mask in the car?

CAMS

Return to Top
#2252116 - 04/09/21 04:49 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 edAudit
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
Originally Posted by edAudit
Why would you need a mask in the car?

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe he is part of a rideshare program?

Return to Top
#2252125 - 04/09/21 06:46 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Sunshine Lady Offline
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
I have had my first and second shots (Moderna) and no side effects. I was preparing for the worst. Some of my friends said that after the second shot, they slept all the next day, I was envious.

Return to Top
#2252128 - 04/09/21 08:02 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
"Mask in car" was a pathetic attempt at humor. I better not give up my day job.

Return to Top
#2252139 - 04/09/21 09:17 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Diamond Poster
The Country
Originally Posted by Rocky P
"Mask in car" was a pathetic attempt at humor. I better not give up my day job.

laugh
Too many weirdos now days to know. I enjoy knowing it was done in humor though.

Return to Top
#2252184 - 04/12/21 12:52 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Purple Pride Offline
Purple Pride
Had my 2nd Pfizer shot on Friday. Felt a little off Friday evening and had a bit of a headache and arm soreness but that was the extent of the side effects for me.

Return to Top
#2252186 - 04/12/21 01:10 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Bankwoman1 Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
My husband and I got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine on Saturday morning. I felt fine all day Saturday and then about 1:00 am Sunday morning I had uncontrollable shakes and chills along with full body aches. After taking some Tylenol Sunday morning, I started feeling a little better. Just extremely tired all day yesterday. I feel better today other than my arm is still pretty sore. My husband - no reaction whatsoever......lucky him!!

Return to Top
#2252280 - 04/13/21 02:25 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
one deer Offline
Any where but work
Took my second Moderna Covid vaccine on Wednesday 4-7-21, started with symptoms at about midnight, made it through half a day of work Thursday, missed Friday. Low grade fever, couldn't stay awake, monster of a headache, neck hurt very bad, body aches, nausea. Hoped Saturday would be better, not; back to the living on Sunday afternoon. I can't do this every six months, hope they are wrong about how long this vaccine lasts.

Return to Top
#2252281 - 04/13/21 02:26 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
So sorry you had such a horrible reaction one deer.

Return to Top
#2252325 - 04/13/21 08:46 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Buddy the Elf Offline
Platinum Poster
Buddy the Elf
first lily pad on the right
I got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine on Saturday morning. About 6 hours later, I spiked a fever of 101 with chills, headache, and body aches. Lasted about 3 hours. Headache and kind of weird-head-dizzy-feeling lingered for another 24 hours. I took ibuprofen which helped. Still had a bit of a headache yesterday morning but was totally back to normal by the afternoon - except my arm still hurts! I guess I'm real happy it was just a single dose.

I did have Covid back in September and I was told that they're thinking the reactions are worse in those who have gotten Covid. At least anecdotally, that was totally true in my family. Me, my sister and her husband all had Covid and had adverse reactions to the vaccine. Neither my other sister, my daughter, nor my Mom had Covid and none of them had any vaccine reaction at all. So weird!

Return to Top
#2252328 - 04/13/21 08:57 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 Purple Pride
InFairness, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
InFairness, CRCM
USA
Originally Posted by Purple Pride
Had my 2nd Pfizer shot on Friday. Felt a little off Friday evening and had a bit of a headache and arm soreness but that was the extent of the side effects for me.

I hope this will be my experience. Second Pfizer shot scheduled tomorrow. I had a bit of a reaction to the first dose - sore arm and low grade fever for about a day.

Return to Top
#2252336 - 04/14/21 11:40 AM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
praBSA Offline
Gold Star
Had my second Pfizer shot on Friday as well. I had COVID in January. Other than an extremely sore, entirely dead arm by the time Friday night rolled around, woke up Saturday feeling great. No side effects.

Return to Top
#2252337 - 04/14/21 12:08 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
InFairness - let us know how the second dose goes for you.

Return to Top
#2252344 - 04/14/21 01:43 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 Skittles
one deer Offline
Any where but work
Thank you Skittles. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, ha, I hope.

Return to Top
#2252386 - 04/15/21 11:50 AM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
DEL Offline
Platinum Poster
Maine
My husband and I both had COVID - my case was mild, his more severe. For the vaccines we have both responded to both doses pretty much proportionately to the severity of our original case. I just had the second one - no fever, but definitely a day of the "dizzy head" syndrome.

Return to Top
#2252460 - 04/16/21 01:06 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Second Pfizer dose yesterday afternoon. My arm is very sore, I have a headache, very tired and am chilled. Also, my head feels a little 'swimmy'. Not sure what is vaccine related, cooler temperatures outside, or allergies. Luckily I'm working from home today - so that's a good thing.

Return to Top
#2252461 - 04/16/21 01:11 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
hey Skittles - i also had fever and chills after 2nd pfizer. took 2 Aleve and they ended about 1 hour later...

Return to Top
#2252462 - 04/16/21 01:29 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Thanks Happy - I may try that.

Return to Top
#2252490 - 04/16/21 05:05 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
madukes Offline
Diamond Poster
madukes
Flyers Country
hubby and co-worker had 2nd vaccine the same day. Hubby couldn't tell if he had any effects other than a sore arm (he is disabled and always achy). Co-worker had a headache and body aches, chills, etc. She ended up leaving work early the day after the shot. Went home and took a hot bath and went to bed. Got up to eat dinner and then went back to bed. The next day she felt fine.

Return to Top
#2252501 - 04/16/21 06:31 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 Skittles
InFairness, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
InFairness, CRCM
USA
Second Pfizer dose yesterday afternoon. My arm is very sore, I have a headache, very tired and am chilled. Also, my head feels a little 'swimmy'. Not sure what is vaccine related, cooler temperatures outside, or allergies. Luckily I'm working from home today - so that's a good thing.

Skittles, my husband and I had second dose Wednesday. His side effects were limited to a sore arm. I had headache, achy joints, and low grade fever yesterday, but feel back to normal except sore arm today.

Return to Top
#2252504 - 04/16/21 06:45 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Thanks for that. My joints don't feel achy, but since I have rheumatoid arthritis it might be tough to tell.

I've taken some Tylenol and it seems to be helping me a bit. I may sign off shortly and go lay down for a bit. Everything that had to be done today has been done, so I feel pretty good about that. And my husband is pushing me to rest.

Return to Top
#2252519 - 04/16/21 08:05 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 Skittles
InFairness, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
InFairness, CRCM
USA
Thanks for that. My joints don't feel achy, but since I have rheumatoid arthritis it might be tough to tell.

I've taken some Tylenol and it seems to be helping me a bit. I may sign off shortly and go lay down for a bit. Everything that had to be done today has been done, so I feel pretty good about that. And my husband is pushing me to rest.

An afternoon nap sounds like a good idea.

Return to Top
#2252932 - 04/26/21 01:32 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 InFairness, CRCM
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Had my second Pfizer shot on Friday and side effects started about 24 hours later. Every joint in my body ached and I was so tired. The aches were manageable with ibuprofen and I just slept a lot. It lasted for about 10 hours. Felt good as new on Sunday!

Return to Top
#2252933 - 04/26/21 01:37 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
Congratulations - now just wait the 2 weeks and you are clear!!

Return to Top
#2257734 - 08/05/21 05:01 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
praBSA Offline
Gold Star
Covid back to hitting the office among unvaccinated employees.

Side note: I still don't my taste/smell back after 7 months, getting exhausted.

Return to Top
#2257770 - 08/05/21 11:00 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 praBSA
Diamond Poster
The Country

And some vaccinated ones too unfortunately

Return to Top
#2257807 - 08/06/21 06:47 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 praBSA
Soccer Offline
Diamond Poster
Utopia

I can't even imagine what that is like! I lost mine for 6 days and it felt like an eternity.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett