Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2239352 - 07/09/20 06:30 PM Disclosing HomeStyle Renovation refinance loan
Jason Ellis Offline
I am trying to determine the correct way to disclose the contingency reserve on the LE for a HomeStyle Renovation refinance loan. I think I know the proper way to disclose it on a purchase loan but if we use the alternative calculating cash to close table for the refinance it does not have and "Adjustments and Other Credits" line. Any help is appreciated.

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2239353 - 07/09/20 06:40 PM Re: Disclosing HomeStyle Renovation refinance loan Jason Ellis
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Adjustments like that would actually be shown in the Payoffs and Payments table with a proper description and entered either as a postive or negative number - depending on what you were attempting to do.

Return to Top
#2239356 - 07/09/20 06:56 PM Re: Disclosing HomeStyle Renovation refinance loan rlcarey
Jason Ellis Offline
Thank you for your response. So if we are collecting a contingency reserve and putting it in escrow in case there are cost overruns during the renovation, we would disclose it in the Payoffs and Payments table as a negative number, correct? That does appear what the reg is saying in the commentary to §1026.37(h)(2)(iii).

Return to Top
#2239359 - 07/09/20 07:33 PM Re: Disclosing HomeStyle Renovation refinance loan Jason Ellis
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Correct - a negative number in the Payoffs and Payment table will increase your cash to close from the borrower at closing to fund the reserve account.

Return to Top
#2239366 - 07/09/20 08:06 PM Re: Disclosing HomeStyle Renovation refinance loan rlcarey
Jason Ellis Offline
Thank you so much. I appreciate your help.

Return to Top