Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2239411 - 07/10/20 05:12 PM Prior Authorized Signer- Info on Closed Acct
TryingtoComply Offline
Diamond Poster
The West
We received a request from a person that was a prior authorized signer on an LLC to notify him where he can send documents to evidence that he is the newly appointed LLC Manager. The account was closed a few months ago. According to branch staff there was a dispute with the mother and this person (I think he is the son) and he was removed from the account.

Rather than tell him where to send the documents, can't we just tell him the account is closed?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2239412 - 07/10/20 05:19 PM Re: Prior Authorized Signer- Info on Closed Acct TryingtoComply
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If he was actually authorized, I would think he would already know that. I would treat it as a phishing event and probably not respond.

Return to Top
#2239413 - 07/10/20 05:24 PM Re: Prior Authorized Signer- Info on Closed Acct TryingtoComply
TryingtoComply Offline
Diamond Poster
The West
Good point Randy. I just looked at the closing withdrawal and it as over $500K. So he likely trying to figure out if the money is still here.

Return to Top
#2239423 - 07/10/20 07:31 PM Re: Prior Authorized Signer- Info on Closed Acct TryingtoComply
TryingtoComply Offline
Diamond Poster
The West
The title of the business actually includes his name. What if he walks in with the documents and he is the newly appointed manager of the LLC? I assume it is acceptable to tell him that we don't have any open accounts in the company name.

Return to Top
#2239432 - 07/10/20 08:46 PM Re: Prior Authorized Signer- Info on Closed Acct TryingtoComply
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Yeah - I would do it in person.

Return to Top