Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#2239930 - 07/21/20 05:53 PM Re: New Laptop PC - Any recommendations? raitchjay
madukes Offline
Diamond Poster
madukes
Flyers Country
same here. I recently received a laptop for work and use an external mouse and keyboard. I hate laptop keyboards.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2239931 - 07/21/20 05:55 PM Re: New Laptop PC - Any recommendations? MB Guy
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
The keyboard doesn't bother me, but I do have a wireless external mouse.

Return to Top
#2239997 - 07/22/20 08:14 PM Re: New Laptop PC - Any recommendations? MB Guy
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
I want the mobility of a laptop, but realistically? I really want a big monitor, a normal keyboard, and a normal mouse. I can use a regular laptop by itself after years of business travel, but for retirement? I think I need to get over the portability factor and just park a desktop in my home office that's about to become my tree house. All bets are off until we actually go shopping... smirk

Return to Top
#2240048 - 07/23/20 06:13 PM Re: New Laptop PC - Any recommendations? MB Guy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
buy a laptop for the portability, and then buy a monitor, keyboard, and mouse that you can plug in when home and use as a desktop, and unplug when taking those retirement travels...best of both worlds

Return to Top
#2240075 - 07/23/20 11:25 PM Re: New Laptop PC - Any recommendations? MB Guy
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
^ That gets my vote. With all of the USB ports (keyboard and mouse) and an HDMI port (monitor) that modern laptops have, you wouldn't even need a docking station for at-home use. You can also get an extra power supply for travel depending on how much of a pain it would be to disconnect the main one to take on the go.

Return to Top
#2240078 - 07/24/20 12:10 AM Re: New Laptop PC - Any recommendations? MB Guy
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
^^^ that's what I need to look at. Realistically, I travel with my iPad and call it good. The only time I've traveled with a laptop is for business and there's no more business travel coming my way. Just need to run over to MicroCenter and see what makes sense. This single digit midget only has 6 more wake ups!

Return to Top
#2240095 - 07/24/20 03:11 PM Re: New Laptop PC - Any recommendations? MB Guy
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
never had a laptop and don't want one. Never traveled for business beyond the occasional convention. Have a Lenovo with two monitors for working remotely which is what I'll be doing till I decide to retire. Use my phone and kindle fire when traveling...if that ever happens again. Both worked in Europe last year and did everything I needed including streaming.

Return to Top
#2240123 - 07/24/20 05:58 PM Re: New Laptop PC - Any recommendations? MB Guy
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
I'm with GD. I have a big monitor (almost too big!) that I plug into the HDMI port on the laptop. I don't use two monitors at home, just the monitor plus laptop screen, which works fine. I have a bluetooth mouse and keyboard that work great. I spend a chunk of time at the desk with the extra equipment but if I want a change of pace I just pick up the laptop and head to another room or the deck or patio.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2