Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2240869 - 08/11/20 02:11 PM Fair Housing Bug Company Name
Inspector Offline
Gold Star
I know that the fair housing bug needs to be included when advertising mortgage products but it wouldn't necessarily be required if the advertisement just included the name of the bank and no mention of mortgage products but what about a situation where the name of the entity includes a reference to mortgages? Such as "Joe's Residential Mortgage." Would just having the name require the fair housing items?

Return to Top
Fair Lending
#2240878 - 08/11/20 03:37 PM Re: Fair Housing Bug Company Name Inspector
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I am having a hard time with context. What does "Joe's Residential Mortgage." and advertising have in common?

Return to Top
#2240881 - 08/11/20 03:48 PM Re: Fair Housing Bug Company Name Inspector
Inspector Offline
Gold Star
Lets say an advertisement on a website or a page in a magazine, ad just has the mortgage company's logo and the words "Joe's Residential Mortgage LLC" as the name of the company.

Return to Top
#2240883 - 08/11/20 03:54 PM Re: Fair Housing Bug Company Name Inspector
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Well, that pretty much narrows down what they do - if they are not advertising the fact that they are in the business of mortgage lending, I am not sure what they would be doing. I doubt they book many car loans.

But under what regulation does a non-financial institution LLC have to abide by?

Return to Top
#2240913 - 08/11/20 09:39 PM Re: Fair Housing Bug Company Name Inspector
Inspector Offline
Gold Star
Dealing with a bank subsidiary, but good question regardless as I need to think about what is going to be applicable.

Return to Top