Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2241022 - 08/13/20 07:30 PM New Adverse Market Fee for Refinances
rgillette Offline
New Poster
Regarding the new Fannie and Freddie pricing adjustment - typically changes to MI or LLPA's are tied to an application date or case number assignment and lenders can disclose the changes to new loans. In this case it seems quite abrupt and any loan closing after 8/31 being assessed the fee.

For lenders with locked pipelines where those loans will close in September and October, will the lenders absorb those fees (50bps) or will they be able to COC it and pass to those locked customer? It seems like the former to me.

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2241026 - 08/13/20 07:42 PM Re: New Adverse Market Fee for Refinances rgillette
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
And our thinking was any loans with settlement dates as of 9/1 would be assessed the fee, so in order to avoid the fee we would have to close the loan, go through any rescission period, then settle with FM.

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#2241027 - 08/13/20 07:43 PM Re: New Adverse Market Fee for Refinances rgillette
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
And do this all prior to 9/1, which really shortens the window.

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#2241028 - 08/13/20 07:53 PM Re: New Adverse Market Fee for Refinances rgillette
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I think that everyone needs to contact their mortgage industry group and the ABA and have them start screaming from the rooftops over this idiot move by the FHFA. I highly doubt this is going to be considered a valid COC in order to pass this fee down to consumers already in the pipeline and mortgage lenders are going to lose millions of dollars.

Return to Top
#2241053 - 08/14/20 01:39 PM Re: New Adverse Market Fee for Refinances rgillette
rgillette Offline
New Poster
Thanks. That was my impression. Awful if they don't at least push it out to application dates.

Return to Top
#2241058 - 08/14/20 02:38 PM Re: New Adverse Market Fee for Refinances rgillette
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If you are an MBA member, they have a free presentation on the TRID implications today at 2pm ET:

MBA Presentation
Last edited by rlcarey; 08/14/20 02:39 PM.

Return to Top
#2241069 - 08/14/20 05:13 PM Re: New Adverse Market Fee for Refinances rgillette
krucker Offline
New Poster
Seems like we can't redisclose on a locked refi. For loans not locked is the CIC that is allowing us to redisclose the rate lock? Or does this fall under a situation where the lender relied on specific information to complete the loan estimate and that information later becomes inaccurate or changes? Do we need to issue a slew of new LEs quickly or can we issue a new LE as customers lock?

Seeing lots of talk online of admin in DC criticizing this also. Lots of media are starting to pick up this change too. Hoping this gets quickly changed.

Return to Top
#2241089 - 08/14/20 07:57 PM Re: New Adverse Market Fee for Refinances rgillette
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Yes - you are pretty much out of luck on locked loans. But on an unlocked loan, you should be adjusting your pricing accordingly to recoup the new LLPA either through the interest rate or discount points.

Return to Top
#2241201 - 08/18/20 07:03 PM Re: New Adverse Market Fee for Refinances rgillette
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Of course, the timing by the Enterprises could not be worse for people struggling with finances, either. The optics are terrible.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2241602 - 08/26/20 02:31 PM Re: New Adverse Market Fee for Refinances rgillette
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
And just like that it's gone again.

Wondering what they're going to do about loans that locked including the adverse market fee.

Never a dull moment when the gubmint is involved.

Return to Top
#2241944 - 09/02/20 06:02 PM Re: New Adverse Market Fee for Refinances rgillette
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
As a lender, you can always close a loan with a rate that's less than promised in the rate lock agreement and/or exclude a charge (points, for example) that was going to be assessed per the agreement.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top