Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2241364 - 08/20/20 05:46 PM A true refinance?
Compliance Newbie Offline
We have a Lender who now has a commercial loan on the books with 26 rental dwellings as collateral. He wants to refinance all these dwelling in the initial loan but break these out into 21 new individual loans.

Since these will be done simultaneously and satisfying the initial loan, will these 21 loans be HMDA reportable as Refinances?

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2241387 - 08/20/20 06:52 PM Re: A true refinance? Compliance Newbie
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
In my opinion, yes.

Return to Top
#2241389 - 08/20/20 07:00 PM Re: A true refinance? Compliance Newbie
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
5. Two or more debt obligations. Section 1003.2(p) provides that, to be a refinancing, a new debt obligation must satisfy and replace an existing debt obligation. Where two or more new obligations replace an existing obligation, each new obligation is a refinancing if, taken together, the new obligations satisfy the existing obligation. Similarly, where one new obligation replaces two or more existing obligations, the new obligation is a refinancing if it satisfies each of the existing obligations.

Return to Top
#2241391 - 08/20/20 07:32 PM Re: A true refinance? Compliance Newbie
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
I guess i forgot that that was how the updated definition read......i don't guess there's anymore opinion to it....that's pretty cut-and-dried that it most definitely is a refinance. Thanks for the citation Randy.

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM