Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2241755 - 08/28/20 04:36 PM Calculating Cash to Close LE vs CD
Cheli Offline
Platinum Poster
Cheli
Hello- Is a guru available to help me with the algorithm of the LE's Calculating Cash to Close section vs the CD's Calculating Cash to Close section?

On the LE, Section J is stating the Total Closing Costs as Section D+I fees minus the Lender Credits.
The difference between Section D+I and Lender Credits appears on Line J.
The difference also reflects in the Calculating Cash to Close Section under the Total Closing Costs (J).

But when looking at the CD, the Total Closing Costs (J) row, under the LE column, states that Total Costs before the Lender Credit (D+I only).

My FI is receiving findings because the LE Calculating Cash to Close is not matching the CD's under the "Total Closing Costs (J)" row.
Is it incorrect to show the adjusted Total Closing Costs on the LE (subtracting out the Lender Credits applied to the loan)?

Thank you.

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2241756 - 08/28/20 04:54 PM Re: Calculating Cash to Close LE vs CD Cheli
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You lost me here:

But when looking at the CD, the Total Closing Costs (J) row, under the LE column, states that Total Costs before the Lender Credit (D+I only).

Return to Top
#2241780 - 08/31/20 01:28 PM Re: Calculating Cash to Close LE vs CD Cheli
Cheli Offline
Platinum Poster
Cheli
Hi Randy- Sorry for the delay. On our Loan Estimates, Section J reports D+I minus the Lender Credits. The difference is reported in the LE's Calculating Cash to Close section in the Total Closing Costs (J) row. e.g. D+I = $500 but there is a Lender Credit for $100. Section J grand total will state $400. The $400 will carry down to the LE's Calculating Cash to Close table in the Total Closing Costs(J) row.

However, on the CD, only D+I (the $500) is reported on the LE column of the Total Closing Costs (J). It does not carry over the subtraction of the Lender Credits my FI has on the LE; causing the LE column of the CD to not match exactly what my FI disclosed on the last LE. It will state $500 rather than the $400 disclosed on the last LE.

Return to Top
#2241781 - 08/31/20 01:34 PM Re: Calculating Cash to Close LE vs CD Cheli
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Then you have a software problem:

5. Estimated amounts. The amounts disclosed in the “Loan Estimate” column of the calculating cash to close table under § 1026.38(i)(1)(i), (3)(i), (4)(i), (5)(i), (6)(i), (7)(i), (8)(i), and (9)(i) are the amounts disclosed on the most recent Loan Estimate provided to the consumer.

Return to Top
#2241793 - 08/31/20 03:46 PM Re: Calculating Cash to Close LE vs CD Cheli
Cheli Offline
Platinum Poster
Cheli
Ok- That was my thought, but I wanted to run it by an expert first. Thank you, Randy. I appreciate your time.

Return to Top