Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2241962 - 09/02/20 09:07 PM Two Vendors for the Same Service
Vive Accommodare Offline
Platinum Poster
Vive Accommodare
Compliance
Would it be required to list a service twice on an LE where we ultimately had to use two vendors for the same service? Borrower switched jobs in the middle of the loan and our VOE vendor was disclosed with upfront disclosures, but when they switched employers they use a different vendor and we had to use the vendor they use for re-verification.

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2241963 - 09/02/20 09:12 PM Re: Two Vendors for the Same Service Vive Accommodare
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
I'm confused....providers don't show up on the LE. Are you talking about on the CD?

Return to Top
#2241964 - 09/02/20 09:13 PM Re: Two Vendors for the Same Service Vive Accommodare
Vive Accommodare Offline
Platinum Poster
Vive Accommodare
Compliance
in our LOS we have to break down who the service is paid to and yes, then ultimately on the CD we'd need to show the payees, but for the LE do we need to show two VOE amounts since it's from two separate providers?

Return to Top
#2241966 - 09/02/20 09:30 PM Re: Two Vendors for the Same Service Vive Accommodare
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Did you have a valid CC and re-issue the LE?

Return to Top
#2241967 - 09/02/20 09:32 PM Re: Two Vendors for the Same Service Vive Accommodare
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
If so, i think i'd show it twice, since you need things to match up from LE to CD and you'll have separate entries on the CD side....since i'm not aware that you can show one service and two payees on the same line of the CD.

Return to Top
#2241968 - 09/02/20 09:36 PM Re: Two Vendors for the Same Service Vive Accommodare
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
It's an interesting scenario......and i don't have time to research it at the moment.....but my gut tells me that ^^^^

Return to Top
#2241969 - 09/02/20 09:42 PM Re: Two Vendors for the Same Service Vive Accommodare
Vive Accommodare Offline
Platinum Poster
Vive Accommodare
Compliance
It looks like they had a valid CC and re-issued the LE, but increase the fee instead of placing it on a separate line item.

Return to Top
#2241972 - 09/02/20 09:48 PM Re: Two Vendors for the Same Service Vive Accommodare
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
I'm just guessing that your LOS's tolerance tool might have to be manipulated some....because again, it doesn't seem kosher to me to list one fee and 2 payees on one line of the CD...so when you break it out in 2 on the CD, you might have to finagle your tolerance tool.

But i don't see the LE showing an increase in the fee (instead of adding a 2nd VOE fee) as a huge error.....if it was here at my shop, i definitely wouldn't cure for the 2nd VOE fee, if we handled the timing of the re-issued LE correctly.

Return to Top
#2241973 - 09/02/20 09:54 PM Re: Two Vendors for the Same Service Vive Accommodare
Vive Accommodare Offline
Platinum Poster
Vive Accommodare
Compliance
That's kind of what we were thinking, but our compliance tool does give us a fail due to the new fee the borrower can't shop for

Return to Top
#2242011 - 09/03/20 01:34 PM Re: Two Vendors for the Same Service Vive Accommodare
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
On a portfolio loan, you should be able to explain this. On a secondary market loan, you are going to be at the mercy of the investor.

Return to Top