Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2241733 - 08/28/20 01:38 PM New trustee access to records
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have an account where a co-trustee has been added, but the trustees are not communicating to each other. Old trustee will not she the original trust docs with new trustee. Both acknowledge the new Trustees legitimacy. Can we provide new co-trustee with the original trust docs we have on file in lieu of the new trustee spending money to get a copy from the attorney?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2241734 - 08/28/20 01:55 PM Re: New trustee access to records Anonymous
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You have no dog in the fight and without see an amended trust document, I would not be adding an additional trustee.

#2241736 - 08/28/20 02:17 PM Re: New trustee access to records Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

We do have the amended trust doc that was provided to the bank a number of years ago by the grantor, and neither co-trustee disputes its accuracy. We are confident adding him.

I hate when parents name co-trustees or co-executors. If there is a kid you do not trust, don’t name them. And it has nothing to do with fairness. Pick a niece, a nephew, close friend who you and they trust, but don’t cop out and name multiples because you are afraid of hurt feelings or have trust issues.

#2241741 - 08/28/20 02:40 PM Re: New trustee access to records Anonymous
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Then add them as requested and move on - the rest of the bruhaha - ignore and let them work it out. If I though there was going to be trouble in the future on this account between the trustees or parties to the trust, I would likely just close the account and tell them to move on to another institution.

#2241987 - 09/02/20 11:09 PM Re: New trustee access to records Anonymous
TryingtoComply Offline
Diamond Poster
The West
Had that happen once. Close the account. Not worth your time.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale