Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2242305 - 09/11/20 12:54 AM eLevy
Natasha T Offline
California
Hello,
I just started working for an FI that received eLevies.
When it comes to COD FTB levies and on the day we receive Levy account does not have sufficient balance to satisfy it.We are required to submit funds in 10 business days and on the day after we receive the Levy, deposit is made.
Question is- do we remit the funds that were available in the account on the day we received the Levy or on the day we are remitting the Levy. Basically, should we be placing a hold on the balance of the account that is available on the deposit as of Levy receipt date or for the full balance of the Levy in case more funds come during 10 business days?

Return to Top
#2242309 - 09/11/20 01:35 PM Re: eLevy Natasha T
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
A levy attaches to the monies in the account at the time it is served on the bank and not to future deposits. If you have any questions, you should call the FTB to confirm or consult your legal counsel.

Return to Top
#2242335 - 09/11/20 05:53 PM Re: eLevy Natasha T
Natasha T Offline
California
Thank you!
What about bank Levy processing fee?
We did not charge it at the time we pledged the funds, as account balance did not satisfy the levy. However, at the time of Levy remittance, there was enough balance to charge the processing fee, can we charge it?

Return to Top
#2242336 - 09/11/20 06:24 PM Re: eLevy Natasha T
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Charging the accountholder a fee for the service of a levy is between you, your accountholder and your depositor's agreement and TISA disclosure. You need to satisfy the levy - what you do after that is up to you.

Return to Top