Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2242801 - 09/21/20 04:22 PM E-Sign Demonstrable Consent - Does this work?
TryingtoComply Offline
Diamond Poster
The West
We are working on our online account opening project and I just want to be sure that what we have in mind for E-Sign demonstrable consent works.

After the customer enters all of their information they are required to open the Consent to Receive Communications Electronically (E-Sign Consent) pdf document. At the end of the document, there are two button, "I Accept" and "Cancel." The document requires that one of the buttons be selected.

Does this meet the requirements?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#2242810 - 09/21/20 04:38 PM Re: E-Sign Demonstrable Consent - Does this work? TryingtoComply
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If all of your documents are sent in PDF format - sure.

Return to Top
#2242813 - 09/21/20 04:54 PM Re: E-Sign Demonstrable Consent - Does this work? TryingtoComply
TryingtoComply Offline
Diamond Poster
The West
Ok. I thought so. Thank you!!

Return to Top
#2242879 - 09/22/20 12:24 PM Re: E-Sign Demonstrable Consent - Does this work? TryingtoComply
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Originally Posted by TryingtoComply
Consent to Receive Communications Electronically..."I Accept"
What type of communications? Accept what? The system under development is for account opening, for which one-time regulatory communications are required. Typically, account-opening disclosures are "pushed." If you're opening deposit accounts, they will also be subject to periodic regulatory disclosure requirements. Typically, these recurring disclosures are "pulled." The demonstration you describe sounds OK for a system that always "pushes" .pdf documents. Unless the customer receives the periodic statement disclosures in the same manner, there's no demonstration that the customer will be able to "pull" the statement documents (regardless of file format) successfully.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z