Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2244393 - 10/21/20 01:05 PM E-Oscar disputes-Send customer a letter also?
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
Does a FI have to also send a letter to the customer regarding any resolution or confirmed accuracy of information for credit reporting disputes received from the credit reporting agency? Or is responding to the CRA all that is necessary?

Return to Top
#2244401 - 10/21/20 02:47 PM Re: E-Oscar disputes-Send customer a letter also? Likes to Comply
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
623(a)(6)(a): (A) Reasonable procedures. A person that furnishes information to any consumer reporting agency shall have in place reasonable procedures to respond to any notification that it receives from a consumer reporting agency under section 605B relating to information resulting from identity theft, to prevent that person from refurnishing such blocked information.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#2244402 - 10/21/20 03:02 PM Re: E-Oscar disputes-Send customer a letter also? Likes to Comply
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Actually, if you read through Section 611, the CRB has all of the consumer notification responsibilities, if the consumer went to them directly.

Return to Top
#2244403 - 10/21/20 03:24 PM Re: E-Oscar disputes-Send customer a letter also? Likes to Comply
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
Thanks!

Return to Top