Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2244886 - 10/30/20 05:59 PM FCRA
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been ask a question by an auditor....
Is the bank subject to 609(g) Disclosure of credit scores. If so, describe measures taken to comply with the ACT.
With our credit reports we print out the Risk Base Pricing notice that is given to the customer. The notice is given to the customer not the credit bureau. Is this what they are talking about?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2244889 - 10/30/20 06:16 PM Re: FCRA Anonymous
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If you are risk based pricing your loans and delivering the H-3 Risk Based Pricing Exception notice to the applicant - that automatically complies with 609(g).

See comment 4 in Appendix H to 1022:

It is intended that appropriate use of Model Form H–3 also will comply with the disclosure that may be required under section 609(g) of the FCRA.

#2244891 - 10/30/20 06:18 PM Re: FCRA Anonymous
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
609(g) is the section in the FCRA that requires the FI to provide the consumer with a credit score disclosure (if a score was used) and the Notice to Home Loan Applicant. It is a disclosure requirement completely separate from the RBP or Exception Notice requirements found in 1022. However the use of the exception notice model form H-3 is an acceptable substitute for the 609(g) disclosure requirements.

#2244895 - 10/30/20 06:35 PM Re: FCRA Anonymous
Inherent_Risk Offline
Platinum Poster
Do you do mortgage transactions? 609(g) only applies to mortgage transactions, which might be what the auditor is asking.

I'm 84% sure the 609(g) requirements do not have an exception for denied files, whereas the the Risk Based Pricing exception notice does. As noted, H-3 does cover the content requirements for both though.

#2244907 - 10/30/20 08:52 PM Re: FCRA Anonymous
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
If the loan will be secured by residential real property and is subject to 609(g) you will find no exception in that section for not providing the disclosure.

The exception for the RBP notice noted in 1022.74 has a condition for loans that are to be secured by residential real property.

d) Loans secured by residential real property—credit score disclosure. (1) In general. A person is not required to provide a risk-based pricing notice to a consumer under §1022.72(a) or (c) if:

If the loan is to be secured by residential real property you must either provide the 609(g) disclosure or the H-3 disclosure.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale