Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2244981 - 11/02/20 10:21 PM Perfecting on a Grain Elevator's Grain On Hand
JD984 Offline
KS
If one were to loan money to a grain elevator, what would be the proper way to perfect a security interest in the elevator's stored grain? Are warehouse receipts required? What if these are not available? This is a "small" elevator that doesn't have warehouse receipts. Thanks!

Return to Top
Article 9
#2244982 - 11/02/20 10:37 PM Re: Perfecting on a Grain Elevator's Grain On Hand JD984
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Such perfection is a State law issue and you probably would be better to talk to your attorney.

Return to Top
#2244984 - 11/02/20 11:34 PM Re: Perfecting on a Grain Elevator's Grain On Hand JD984
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
And just to let you know, I am not really sure why we ever started an Article 9 forum. We had a poster at one time several years ago that was actually an attorney that was really good at Article 9 issues, but Article 9 is really a legal issue and not one of compliance as we usually think about regulatory compliance. It also varies a little from State to State - so please do not take my "refer to legal counsel" the wrong way. It just really is meant to mean that this is probably not the best venue for this question regardless of the fact that there is a forum entitled Article 9 in these threads, as few of us are actual attorneys..

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Sam Ott