BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#2245160 - 11/05/20 01:13 PM Re: Happy Election Day 2020 RockChucker, CAMS
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
RJ - yes, he would be okay with his guy winning and knowing people voted for the other guy. he has drunk the ultra-conservative koolaid that "the other party" is going to tax him to the end of the earth to give nothing but free stuff to all the "lazy people who will now make living off the government their full time job."

and 100% agree about when neither candidate is your guy...I've stated for several years now that people no longer vote for a candidate, they vote against a candidate. other than my current city councilman, I can't think of any recent candidate that I thought represented my thoughts on most things (of course, I do have some weird thoughts...lol)

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2245162 - 11/05/20 01:32 PM Re: Happy Election Day 2020 RockChucker, CAMS
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I really can not remember a time when I voted for someone instead of voting against someone,

CAMS

Return to Top
#2245163 - 11/05/20 01:55 PM Re: Happy Election Day 2020 RockChucker, CAMS
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
My guy has not been my guy for the last few elections. It is actually rather tiring.

I have nieces and nephews with nearly the same views. If "their guy" loses they'll go out of their way to make sure everyone else knows how badly we screwed up. There is no political discussion with them. When they start, I just simply leave.

Return to Top
#2245167 - 11/05/20 03:26 PM Re: Happy Election Day 2020 RockChucker, CAMS
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
My sister and I have had a couple of rabble-rousing arguments.......she has her "guy" (the same guy as Happy's BIL) and of course, i have no guy.....but i almost lose my lunch when she starts telling me how her guy is saving the country. I'm really sad for this country. I knew this election would solve nothing, no matter who won.

Return to Top
#2245168 - 11/05/20 03:29 PM Re: Happy Election Day 2020 RockChucker, CAMS
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
My biggest pet peeve right now.....any criticism of one "guy" immediately draws a heated response of "well he's better than YOUR guy!" (again, i have no guy)........no one can objectively look at anything.......we've gone Machiavellian to the nth degree. Anything but your guy, therefore anything my guy does to beat your guy is justified (and anything my guy believes must be right...cuz he isn't your guy...and your guy is evil...therefore, my guy is good)...not just justified......but worthy of praise.
Last edited by raitchjay; 11/05/20 03:38 PM.

Return to Top
#2245176 - 11/05/20 05:57 PM Re: Happy Election Day 2020 RockChucker, CAMS
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
A politician who I will not name said something recently that I hope we can all take to heart (I'm paraphrasing): I don't need everyone in the country to agree with me on everything. I just need us all to agree that we all love this great country, and we'll work outward from there.

Return to Top
#2245177 - 11/05/20 06:49 PM Re: Happy Election Day 2020 burkemi
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted by burkemi
There is no political discussion with them.

Sadly this statement applies to so many people, up to and most notably including every single person holding a political office.
Knowing they'll only be POTUS by a hair's breath should tell whoever wins he needs to realize that half the country voted against their ideas.

Return to Top
#2245178 - 11/05/20 06:56 PM Re: Happy Election Day 2020 RockChucker, CAMS
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
I really believe that the candidates are more symptom than cause. The electorate (us) has to change....and i don't mean in a left or right direction. I mean in a civil, sober, unifying direction.

Return to Top
#2245179 - 11/05/20 06:58 PM Re: Happy Election Day 2020 RockChucker, CAMS
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I think we should retitle the thread to 'Happy Election Week 2020'.

Return to Top
#2245183 - 11/05/20 07:28 PM Re: Happy Election Day 2020 Skittles
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
Originally Posted by Skittles
I think we should retitle the thread to 'Happy Election Week 2020'.

So true!

Return to Top
#2245200 - 11/05/20 09:49 PM Re: Happy Election Day 2020 raitchjay
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
Originally Posted by raitchjay
I really believe that the candidates are more symptom than cause. The electorate (us) has to change....and i don't mean in a left or right direction. I mean in a civil, sober, unifying direction.

To quote Meg Ryan from When Harry Met Sally: yes, YES, YES!

Return to Top
#2245439 - 11/12/20 05:28 PM Re: Happy Election Day 2020 RockChucker, CAMS
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
Not to start an Electoral College argument, but it is hard to vote when your guy will (and did) carry your very large county by over 10% but your vote doesn't count because more of the state always goes the other way. For example, Republicans in Illinois which will always go blue. Democrats in Oklahoma which will always go red. When you focus on local politics, it gets much easier. My guy won, my guy lost, my other guy won, and we decisively kicked out the local bully. It was worth voting.

Also - need to rename this "Happy Election Month 2020" at this point?

Here's to uniting the currently Untied States into civility and rational discussion - I pray that it happens because it really can't get much worse than families refusing to get together for Thanksgiving based on who someone else in the family voted for.

Return to Top
#2245442 - 11/12/20 05:54 PM Re: Happy Election Day 2020 RockChucker, CAMS
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
COVID is keeping our family apart this year. The local numbers are simply ridiculous right now. Just stupid high. Really hope to see some relief there, even if only small.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2