Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2245333 - 11/09/20 11:26 PM LLP, authorized signers and old statements
tryin2comply Offline
LLP opened an account with three authorized signers. Two of those three signers were partners, one was a member of the LLP. A change in percentage owned occurred and the bank received notice to remove an authorized signer who had also been a partner. (We won't even talk about resolutions here!) The original resolution stated that any of the signers could act on the account. Now the removed signer is requesting information on the account. According to the Secretary of State, his LLC is still partial owner in the company, but he is no longer on the account. Can he receive statements from before he was removed from the account? Are there any specific citations that indicate he cannot or is this simply contract law? Thanks!

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#2245337 - 11/10/20 12:53 AM Re: LLP, authorized signers and old statements tryin2comply
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
Given the potential liability risk to the bank, I'd be referring this matter to legal counsel. You won't find a regulation to cite applicable to this situation.

Return to Top
#2245344 - 11/10/20 02:47 PM Re: LLP, authorized signers and old statements tryin2comply
tryin2comply Offline
Thank you, Brian. That was my feeling too. But I wanted to get another opinion.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett