Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2245711 - 11/19/20 08:02 PM Construction-Can go as high as for Monthly P&I
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
For a construction only, 11 month interest only, balloon payment in 12 month, where there is no set draw schedule except that draws are based on percentage of completion.

The LE/CD is based on the assumption that 1/2 of the loan amount is drawn at origination. Based on the above terms, in theory the the monthly principal & interest could max out in month 2 if all the funds were drawn. Correct?

Just trying to make sure it is correct to disclose "Can go as high as $x,xxx in month 2".

Thanks in advance.

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2245712 - 11/19/20 08:10 PM Re: Construction-Can go as high as for Monthly P&I Likes to Comply
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
It can max out in month one or even day one for that matter. We use Month 1.

Return to Top
#2245713 - 11/19/20 08:38 PM Re: Construction-Can go as high as for Monthly P&I Likes to Comply
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
Thanks, I'll have to find out if the loan system is inserting month 2 or if the processor is keying it in.

Return to Top
#2245799 - 11/23/20 10:04 PM Re: Construction-Can go as high as for Monthly P&I Likes to Comply
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
Because our system determines the interest by the number of days in the month, the LE I was looking at disclosed the 2nd month because March has 31 days and so the interest payment would be more than in the 1st month - February with 28/29 days.

Return to Top
#2245820 - 11/24/20 04:19 PM Re: Construction-Can go as high as for Monthly P&I Likes to Comply
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
I'd like to add another question to this thread...

For Monthly Principal & Interest > Can go as high as $X,XXX in month 2 - can month be used or must mo. be used?

I couldn't find anything to address this specifically, except that for the disclosure in this area it references the way to disclose the Product and uses the designation "mo."

Return to Top
#2245832 - 11/24/20 06:54 PM Re: Construction-Can go as high as for Monthly P&I Likes to Comply
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
It would be "mo."

Pretty unusual for TRID disclosures to not ignore months with a different number of days.

Return to Top
#2245881 - 11/25/20 03:47 PM Re: Construction-Can go as high as for Monthly P&I Likes to Comply
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
Thanks for the help!

Return to Top