Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2245962 - 11/30/20 08:07 PM Credit Report ran before FCRA notice
totallyconfused Offline
100 Club
The application for a Mortgage was taken over the phone on 9/1/2020. The credit report was ran on 9/1/2020. But the customer didn't come in and sign the application and FCRA notice until 9/3/2020. The FCRA notice has a date at the top of 9/1/2020 but the customer dated for 9/3/2020.

Is there an issue with this?

My concern is we don't have anything from the customer stating that it was okay to run the credit report that is dated by them for the date of the credit report.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2245963 - 11/30/20 08:09 PM Re: Credit Report ran before FCRA notice totallyconfused
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I am not sure what FCRA notice you are referring too, but you had a permissible purpose to pull credit the minute the customer applied over the phone.

Return to Top
#2245984 - 12/01/20 01:36 AM Re: Credit Report ran before FCRA notice totallyconfused
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
You say "My concern is we don't have anything from the customer stating that it was okay to run the credit report that is dated by them for the date of the credit report."
Ask yourself: How would you have the SSN to pull their credit report unless they gave it to you? if they gave it to you, they most likely were applying for a loan.

It sounds like an internal policy requirement. As Randy stated, there is no regulatory requirement to have the customer sign anything before pulling their credit report. You simply need a permissible purpose.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z