Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2246590 - 12/16/20 02:49 PM TILA exempt loans number of installments
newyork Offline
Gold Star
Does TILA have an exemption to consumer loans with 2 payment installments or less?

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2246595 - 12/16/20 03:24 PM Re: TILA exempt loans number of installments newyork
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
1026.1(c) Coverage. (1) In general, this part applies to each individual or business that offers or extends credit, other than a person excluded from coverage of this part by section 1029 of the Consumer Financial Protection Act of 2010, Title X of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, Public Law 111–203, 124 Stat. 1376, when four conditions are met:

(i) The credit is offered or extended to consumers;

(ii) The offering or extension of credit is done regularly;

(iii) The credit is subject to a finance charge or is payable by a written agreement in more than four installments; and

(iv) The credit is primarily for personal, family, or household purposes.

Return to Top
#2246596 - 12/16/20 03:29 PM Re: TILA exempt loans number of installments newyork
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Not exactly.

It covers extensions of credit that meet these four criteria:

(i) The credit is offered or extended to consumers;

(ii) The offering or extension of credit is done regularly;

(iii) The credit is subject to a finance charge or is payable by a written agreement in more than four installments; and

(iv) The credit is primarily for personal, family, or household purposes.

To be exempt, an extension of consumer credit of that's repayable by a written agreement in four or fewer installments would also have to be free of any finance charge.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top