Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2246666 - 12/17/20 03:38 PM Wire Transfer - Business to Individual
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have a customer who is selling their business (an LLC), so they want to close the account. They've asked to do a wire transfer for the full amount from the account to them as individuals. Is there a problem with doing this? Technically, they are signers, so they could write a check to themselves for the full amount, but since I've been asked if this was okay or not, I'm second-guessing myself.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2246670 - 12/17/20 04:05 PM Re: Wire Transfer - Business to Individual Anonymous
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If you have a corporate resolution giving them authority to do wire transfers then it should be OK. But if they are selling the business, that does not usually involve draining the liquid assets out of the business prior to the sale, depending on the type of sale going on.

#2246671 - 12/17/20 04:08 PM Re: Wire Transfer - Business to Individual Anonymous
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
I would concur with Randy's feedback. I would also assume that you verified that this is a legitimate request?

#2246673 - 12/17/20 04:26 PM Re: Wire Transfer - Business to Individual Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you both for your help. We received the wire request directly from the customer. We are very familiar with them, so we know we're dealing with the correct people. The corporate resolution on file gives them authority to make withdrawals in any manner permitted by the account and identify any payees, so I think we should be good. It was just an odd question with what I thought was an obvious answer, so it made me rethink myself.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale