Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2246676 - 12/17/20 05:02 PM Odd loan payments
joeball Offline
100 Club
joeball
Bluegrass State
We have a customer that brings in checks made payable to him from family members and then uses these checks to make loan payments. He does not want to deposit the checks first then make a payment.

My question is, do we have to accept these checks a loan payments or can we require him to deposit them into his account them make the payment?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2246679 - 12/17/20 05:06 PM Re: Odd loan payments joeball
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
What does your loan agreement say about you accepting payments?

Return to Top
#2246696 - 12/17/20 09:19 PM Re: Odd loan payments joeball
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
Maybe I'm misunderstanding. What's the difference (Aside from processing) in terms of how the payments are being made?

Return to Top
#2246702 - 12/17/20 10:48 PM Re: Odd loan payments joeball
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Well, you could have a strawman situation, they could be laundering money, etc. Some loan contracts with stipulate payments that are acceptable. I would say unless you loan contract says you will accept third party checks, you are under no obligation to apply them to the loan,

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z