Skip to content
GeoDataVision
Thread Options
#2247851 - 01/19/21 10:42 PM Where Did You Get This Check?
Jenny Roberts Offline
100 Club
Tennessee
Are banks asking certain questions in account opening or when a customer makes a deposit as to where the customer may have gotten a check or checks in order to potentially prevent scams? We are seeing more and more scam checks and want to know if it is becoming standard to ask customer questions about the checks? Some people get offended by these questions so trying to determine which way to go.....

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#2247852 - 01/19/21 10:47 PM Re: Where Did You Get This Check? Jenny Roberts
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Some people get offended by these questions so trying to determine which way to go.....

The only way to go is for the people that get offended is out the door. If there is a question regarding the check presented, it is a perfectly reasonable question to present to a new or even an existing customer.

Return to Top
#2247854 - 01/19/21 10:59 PM Re: Where Did You Get This Check? Jenny Roberts
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
"I haven't seen that you have deposited a check from here before. Did you start a new job?"

"Yes, I was hired as an international payment processor!"

DING DING DING.

There are ways to ask that question. Some folks will get defensive regardless. The counter to that is to share generic stories of fraud to illustrate that you are looking to protect the customer.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett