Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2247974 - 01/21/21 10:31 PM lender signed underwriting document
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been searching for any regulatory requirement that lenders have to sign multiple underwriting approval documents during the loan process.
I would like to currently have an initial underwriting document signed by the approving officer at application and a final one at closing.
currently--If any changes occur with the loan during the loan process, the processors are requesting a new additional signed underwriting document. I can not find any information that would indicate this is required. The loan in question now has four lender signed underwriting approval documents in the borrowers file and the loan processor used the wrong one to prepare the closing documents. This was caught and corrected before the closing - but caused us to delay it due to providing the borrower a new closing disclosure. This process is a nightmare and I would like to put a stop to it. My officers are becoming heated as well. Any suggestions or advice

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2247979 - 01/21/21 10:55 PM Re: lender signed underwriting document Anonymous
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
This is totally an internal control process.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale