Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2248023 - 01/22/21 05:00 PM Ancillary Products or Front/Back End Adds
TeamComply Offline
Platinum Poster
For indirect lending purposes are ancillary products or front and back end adds defined anywhere? I know MLA address ancillary products, are there any other regulations that define/address these products? Thanks.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2248058 - 01/23/21 01:07 AM Re: Ancillary Products or Front/Back End Adds TeamComply
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
We probably need more context to your question. What are your concerns?

Return to Top
#2248109 - 01/25/21 07:11 PM Re: Ancillary Products or Front/Back End Adds rlcarey
TeamComply Offline
Platinum Poster
For indirect lending - would it be appropriate to state that all front-end adds are non-cancellable and back-end adds are those that are cancellable?

Return to Top
#2248112 - 01/25/21 07:26 PM Re: Ancillary Products or Front/Back End Adds TeamComply
InFairness, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
InFairness, CRCM
USA
What type of credit product? When the CFPB was looking at ancillary products in indirect auto lending, they looked at extended warranties, GAP insurance (both GAP waivers and GAP waiver insurance), credit life, credit disability, involuntary unemployment insurance, and credit property insurance. In their credit card work, the CFPB looked at identity theft protection, credit monitoring, credit life, credit disability, and credit unemployment.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z