BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#2246904 - 12/24/20 01:00 AM Re: The Rona vaccine HappyGilmore
TryingtoComply Offline
Diamond Poster
The West
Considering that the infection fatality rate is so low (I've read under 1%) I am not inclined to get the vaccine. My fear is that I have never had a flu vaccine, or any other vaccine for that matter, other than those given in childhood so I have no idea how my body might react now that I am over 60. I don't get the flu despite being exposed to people that do get it. I'm interested to see what happens as the vaccine is administered. According to the FDA, one of the long term side effects is Guillian Barre syndrome, brain swelling, muscle weakness and paralysis, convulsions and seizures, stroke, narcolepsy, shock, heart attack, autoimmune disease, arthritis and joint pain, and death. So not interested.

I formally studied holistic nutrition for 6 years and will continue nutritional and oxidative support to keep healthy. I stay away from people, wash my hands, and wear a mask in public.

Something that I think is interesting is that some people assume that if they are vaccinated they don't have to continue with protective measures. Fauci has acknowledged that the vaccine may prevent symptoms, but will not block spread of the virus. So going back to work we can expect to have to continue with masks, etc.

Something may change my mind in the future, but for now, it's a definite NO for me.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2246917 - 12/24/20 04:22 PM Re: The Rona vaccine HappyGilmore
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho

Return to Top
#2246933 - 12/24/20 06:36 PM Re: The Rona vaccine HappyGilmore
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
TryingtoComply, the CDC site indicates that, "In 1976, there was a small increased risk of GBS after swine flu vaccination..." "The increased risk was approximately one additional case of GBS for every 100,000 people who got the swine flu vaccine." and "Studies suggest that it is more likely that a person will get GBS after getting the flu than after vaccination. It is important to keep in mind that severe illness and death are associated with flu, and getting vaccinated is the best way to prevent flu infection and its complications."

I'm not trying to sway your opinion as we can each have our own. But it's important to note that none of us are qualified in medical studies to offer too many opinions as fact. The best real statement I can make is that the vaccines have gone thru clinical trials and those are limited, even though they were scientific. Nobody knows the long term effect until we get long term. But we can each make our own choices based on the best information we have.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#2246970 - 12/28/20 08:31 PM Re: The Rona vaccine HappyGilmore
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
I am part of the higher-risk group, so I will be getting the vaccination as soon as it's available for my tier group.

Return to Top
#2246996 - 12/29/20 07:35 PM Re: The Rona vaccine HappyGilmore
L Morris Offline
L Morris
KY
I plan on getting the vaccine.

Return to Top
#2247021 - 12/30/20 07:48 PM Re: The Rona vaccine HappyGilmore
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Do not plan on getting the vaccine.

Return to Top
#2247023 - 12/30/20 08:28 PM Re: The Rona vaccine HappyGilmore
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
I can see the benefits of the vaccine. I'm a fan of it. I can also see the hazards of it, therefore, I don't support it. However, with all of that said I am on the fence, although generally supportive of getting or not getting it.

I plan on lying. Feel great with it, although I may or may not have it.

CRCM

Return to Top
#2247042 - 12/30/20 09:54 PM Re: The Rona vaccine HappyGilmore
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Norman, you running for office?

Return to Top
#2247048 - 12/31/20 01:58 PM Re: The Rona vaccine HappyGilmore
JWills, CRCM Online
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
smile

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#2247084 - 01/01/21 12:43 AM Re: The Rona vaccine HappyGilmore
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
He can neither confirm nor deny... wink

Return to Top
#2248032 - 01/22/21 07:00 PM Re: The Rona vaccine HappyGilmore
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I plead the 5th.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2248037 - 01/22/21 07:12 PM Re: The Rona vaccine HappyGilmore
madukes Offline
Diamond Poster
madukes
Flyers Country
I do not plan on getting the vaccine.

Return to Top
#2248043 - 01/22/21 08:06 PM Re: The Rona vaccine HappyGilmore
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
To each his own - but if enough people refuse we will never get rid of this disease. We are going to have a hard enough time as it is because the longer we go the more variants it will produce and God help us when one of those variants is not only more contagious, but is also more deadly.

Return to Top
#2248045 - 01/22/21 08:17 PM Re: The Rona vaccine HappyGilmore
hmdagal Online
Power Poster
hmdagal
I just saw today that Boris Johnson announced that data is starting to show that the UK variant is more deadly than the original virus.

Return to Top
#2248079 - 01/25/21 03:51 PM Re: The Rona vaccine rlcarey
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Originally Posted by rlcarey
To each his own - but if enough people refuse we will never get rid of this disease. We are going to have a hard enough time as it is because the longer we go the more variants it will produce and God help us when one of those variants is not only more contagious, but is also more deadly.

Yep! The only way to eradicate diseases is widespread vaccination.

Return to Top
#2248120 - 01/25/21 08:02 PM Re: The Rona vaccine HappyGilmore
Wonderofitall Offline
100 Club
Wonderofitall
Out West
Scheduled to get the vaccine and microchip implant this Thursday. Hoping they don't run us through a loading chute and brand us.

Return to Top
#2248122 - 01/25/21 08:22 PM Re: The Rona vaccine RVFlyboy
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted by RVFlyboy
I will get as soon as I'm eligible (not in the first tiers). My wife has several high risk factors including diabetes and asthma, so she will be getting it also.

Funny, the day I posted this, my wife was diagnosed positive for COVID. Fortunately, her symptoms wound up being fairly mild. Definitely a blessing. I continued and still continue to test negative for the virus and negative for antibodies.

Return to Top
#2248123 - 01/25/21 08:23 PM Re: The Rona vaccine HappyGilmore
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
So glad Lynne had a mild case, Jim - and you continue to test negative.

Return to Top
#2248148 - 01/26/21 02:24 PM Re: The Rona vaccine HappyGilmore
Soccer Offline
Diamond Poster
Utopia
I have recently recovered from covid and had pretty serious symptoms. Prior to being positive, I was unsure about the vaccine however, after experiencing this first hand, it is not something I care to repeat so when eligible, I will get the vaccine.

Return to Top
#2248153 - 01/26/21 02:57 PM Re: The Rona vaccine HappyGilmore
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
I had a similar situation, RV. My wife and my oldest son had COVID - thankfully both were mild. My daughter and I tested negative on 3 different doctor visits. Very strange how this disease can hit and miss like that.

Return to Top
#2248154 - 01/26/21 02:58 PM Re: The Rona vaccine Soccer
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
Originally Posted by Soccer
I have recently recovered from covid and had pretty serious symptoms. Prior to being positive, I was unsure about the vaccine however, after experiencing this first hand, it is not something I care to repeat so when eligible, I will get the vaccine.

Sorry you had a rough go of it - but certainly glad you've recovered. smile

Return to Top
#2248198 - 01/26/21 09:11 PM Re: The Rona vaccine HappyGilmore
Bankwoman1 Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
I still do not plan on getting the vaccine - at least not right away when it becomes available to me. My very best friend is a NICU nurse and when I asked her what her thoughts were, she stated she would not be getting it. I am leery of it because of the quickness. Today she shared an article on FB about the side effect of masses on the breast. A friend of hers is now having to have biopsies due to these masses and has been in extreme pain. Hopefully they are not cancerous. I'm providing the link not as a deterrent, just as extra information. I would never tell anyone not to get it, especially those of you who have had Covid. I've had multiple friends who have had it and my brother also had it, my husband and I have either been very lucky or had it and never knew we had it. It is an all around scary situation we find ourselves in. frown

https://www.diagnosticimaging.com/v...opathies-could-mimic-breast-malignancies

Return to Top
#2248204 - 01/26/21 09:23 PM Re: The Rona vaccine Bankwoman1
Comply 101 Offline
Platinum Poster
Comply 101
My wife had a history of breast cancer in her family and her doctor recommended her to take Tamoxifen. The side effects were not great so we decided not to have her on this preventative medicine. She ended up getting breast cancer and after her mastectomy she started taking----Tamoxifen for three years. It prevented it from coming back and twelve years later, she is still cancer free. We learned a valuable lesson not to be afraid of "side effects". The more people that get the vaccine, the more things will pop up. But I like the odds so far of no major issues.

Return to Top
#2248205 - 01/26/21 09:24 PM Re: The Rona vaccine HappyGilmore
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
That is not what that article says and who gets their information from facebook anyway? That article is telling radiologists to be aware that a COVID vaccine can cause enlarged or swollen lymph nodes in the breasts and not to confuse that with more serious conditions and that they should retest in 4-12 weeks before getting too excited. If they are doing biopsis without waiting then that lady has some very poor doctors or the imaging shows something totally different. The vaccine is not going to give you cancer in a matter of weeks.

Return to Top
#2248206 - 01/26/21 09:30 PM Re: The Rona vaccine HappyGilmore
Bankwoman1 Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
My friend, who is a nurse and has been for over 20 years posted the information. She has a good friend who this happened to and has to get a biopsy on the 28th and is scared to death. It wasn't just fly by night information I found on FB. I trust my friend thoroughly as we are cousins and best friends. Again - it was not intended as a deterrent - I just wanted to share information that my friend provided me. Do with it as you want....

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3