Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2248451 - 02/01/21 02:06 PM Local Government Checks - Reg CC
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
Is a check from a county circuit court considered a local government check for Reg CC hold purposes?

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#2248452 - 02/01/21 02:11 PM Re: Local Government Checks - Reg CC Likes to Comply
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Not sure why it would not be - it is supported by your taxes is it not?

Return to Top
#2248456 - 02/01/21 02:57 PM Re: Local Government Checks - Reg CC Likes to Comply
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
I wasn't really sure how to determine if it was considered a special purpose unit and therefore not included in the definition -

(kk) Unit of general local government means any city, county, parish, town, township, village, or other general purpose political subdivision of a state. The term does not include special purpose units of government, such as school districts or water districts.

Official Interpretation
KK. 229.2(kk) Unit of General Local Government
1. Unit of general local government is defined to include a city, county, parish, town, township, village, or other general purpose political subdivision of a state. The term does not include special purpose units, such as school districts, water districts, or Indian nations.

But I guess it makes sense that the judicial system would be local government.

Thanks!

Return to Top
#2248508 - 02/01/21 08:33 PM Re: Local Government Checks - Reg CC Likes to Comply
InFairness, CRCM Online
Platinum Poster
InFairness, CRCM
USA
The special purpose units tend to have separate funding (i.e., their own taxing authority, business assessments, etc.), and depending on structure, the local government may not be responsible for the special purpose unit's obligations.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett