Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2248899 - 02/09/21 03:52 PM Audit Question on SAR Reviews
Anonymous
Unregistered

In Jan we filed a SAR. In March we found an error and corrected it. Two weeks ago we had an audit and they reported an undetected error in the first SAR that did not get corrected in the second. They think we should be filing a correction (the same one) for both SARs. I submit that they should have only been auditing the corrected one. Your experiences and opinions please. Thanks!

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2248900 - 02/09/21 04:06 PM Re: Audit Question on SAR Reviews Anonymous
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Not sure why an audit firm would audit a SAR that had been corrected and then ask that the original be corrected again. Makes little sense to me.

#2248902 - 02/09/21 04:14 PM Re: Audit Question on SAR Reviews Anonymous
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
I've audited corrected SARs to evaluate the effectiveness of the quality assurance process, verify that the reason for the correction is appropriately notated in the narrative, etc.

I ask for the original SAR so I can verify that the correct BSA ID was entered in Item 1 and to compare the two to verify what changed. There is no reason to correct a corrected SAR; however, if the identified error is also on the corrected SAR and it warrants fixing, then you would "correct the correction."

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale