Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2249087 - 02/11/21 02:53 PM HPML Appraisal for Land Abundance of Caution
DixieLee Offline
I have an HPML question I am hoping someone can help me with. Consumer loan secured by a mobile home and land…….HPML, so appraisal has been ordered for this piece of property. In addition, the officer is taking 30 acres of vacant land as an abundance of caution. I know the “abundance of caution” can get you out of the appraisal rules in Part 323, but I can’t find an exemption in Reg Z for appraisals required for HPML’s. I’ve read through the exemptions several times and don’t see one for property taken as an abundance of caution. Am I missing something or does our borrower need to have an appraisal performed on the land as well. FYI….the loan is over $27,200 and is not a bridge or construction loan.

Return to Top
Interagency (Reg Z) and CFPB Reg B Appraisal Rules
#2249091 - 02/11/21 03:39 PM Re: HPML Appraisal for Land Abundance of Caution DixieLee
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
There is no exempt for an abundance of caution under any of the regulations (Reg Z, Flood, etc.), except the appraisal rules.

Return to Top