Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2249485 - 02/19/21 10:26 PM TISA Disclosure with nothing applicable?
Inspector Offline
Gold Star
I have seen this question raised in other threads but always mentioning that the disclosure would be very short but I am curious if a TISA "disclosure" would need to be provided at all if an account did not bear interest, had no minimum balance requirements, and had no transaction limitations? A fee schedule is provided to cover the fees requirement but would something else be necessary?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#2249486 - 02/19/21 10:45 PM Re: TISA Disclosure with nothing applicable? Inspector
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Please describe the account further, such as - open-end, closed-end, duration, dollar amounts, etc.

Return to Top
#2249489 - 02/19/21 11:38 PM Re: TISA Disclosure with nothing applicable? Inspector
Inspector Offline
Gold Star
Sorry, just a standard checking account. Non-interest bearing, no minimum balances, and no transaction limitations.

Return to Top
#2249490 - 02/19/21 11:44 PM Re: TISA Disclosure with nothing applicable? Inspector
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Well dang - you said TISA and I was thinking TILA smile

Well the disclosures required under 1030.4 only have to be made as applicable and if none of them are applicable, then what are you going to disclose? There is no requirement to disclose in the negative.

Return to Top
#2249491 - 02/19/21 11:56 PM Re: TISA Disclosure with nothing applicable? Inspector
Inspector Offline
Gold Star
Ok perfect. It seemed silly to send a document out that didn't say anything but I was having trouble squaring the requirement to provide a disclosure.

Thank you.

Return to Top
#2249522 - 02/22/21 05:05 PM Re: TISA Disclosure with nothing applicable? Inspector
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Always look for the words "as applicable!"

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett