Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2249532 - 02/22/21 06:53 PM Not offering a loan type, reportable?
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Hitting a wall on this one: customer applied for a VA IRRRL loan when we were not offering the product. Would this be a reportable application?

From a Reg B standpoint it isn't a denial since we were not participating in the program, but now I am second guessing myself if I have carried that thought too far in making it non-HMDA reportable as well, since we don't have a denial to report.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2249535 - 02/22/21 07:23 PM Re: Not offering a loan type, reportable? #Just Jay
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
I think there is a strong case that you don't need to report this application, given the definition in 1003.2(b)(1):

(b) Application—(1) In general. Application means an oral or written request for a covered loan that is made in accordance with procedures used by a financial institution for the type of credit requested.

If you weren't in the program at the time, you would not have procedures used for the type of credit requested.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2249537 - 02/22/21 07:36 PM Re: Not offering a loan type, reportable? #Just Jay
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Thank you for affirming for me. The more I got into my head on this one the more I was twisting myself around and second guessing our work. Thanks!

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM