Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2249775 - 02/25/21 06:59 PM No First Name on ID-How do you CIP?
Bonkers for BSA Offline
We have an individual who has a valid CA drivers license. On the DL, there is no first name. When we ask the individual, he says that he has no first name and just goes by his last name. How do you CIP a person with no first name?

It's possible that he changed his name so do we ask for the name change paperwork? Do we just accept the unexpired DL without a first name?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2249784 - 02/25/21 07:58 PM Re: No First Name on ID-How do you CIP? Bonkers for BSA
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
Besides the name, have you verified any other CIP information? If you verified the TIN and DoB, I think I would accept the unexpired DL.

Return to Top
#2249798 - 02/25/21 09:38 PM Re: No First Name on ID-How do you CIP? Bonkers for BSA
Bonkers for BSA Offline
OK. I used the IRS's TIN Verification Search and the TIN matched the last name. I don't know of a way to verify his DOB without asking for his birth certificate because our Chexsystems/Qualifile search requires a first name and won't accept a blank.

Thank you!

Return to Top
#2249889 - 03/01/21 03:36 PM Re: No First Name on ID-How do you CIP? Bonkers for BSA
praBSA Offline
Gold Star
The fed uses FNU in place of a person with no first name on a VISA. Some countries do not have first names unfortunately.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z