Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2250076 - 03/04/21 02:31 PM Annual Report-public disclosure of banks financial
Compliance504 Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennessee
Does anyone provide an annual report of your banks financial information to the public? I’ve been asked to review ours for compliance….

It’s my understanding that there is no longer a regulatory requirement to publish/provide this report….is that correct?

If we still provide one, does it require the FDIC/FHL and Investments disclosure on the pages that mention those services? Should I look for anything else?

Return to Top
Marketing
#2250178 - 03/08/21 01:53 PM Re: Annual Report-public disclosure of banks financial Compliance504
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If it is a financial report - it would not be considered product advertising, so I am a little confused why such disclosures would be required?

Return to Top
#2250181 - 03/08/21 02:40 PM Re: Annual Report-public disclosure of banks financial Compliance504
Compliance504 Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennessee
Hey Randy....within the report they have included a page listing all of our services....which is more of a commercial message about ALL of our services listed on one page......loans, checking, trusts...etc.....so since this is not a required financial report...I would think that by including this "advertisement" about our services would require the FDIC/FHL logo info.....that's what I was trying to determine....
We have in very small print the FDIC/FHL logo on the back of the "booklet"....but I think it needs the non-deposit disclosure statement for the trust/investment services.....and also we need to say that Safe deposit boxes are not FDIC insured....

Your thoughts?

Return to Top
#2250183 - 03/08/21 02:51 PM Re: Annual Report-public disclosure of banks financial Compliance504
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Well, if you have turned your annual report into an advertisement, then yes, you would have to follow the various advertising rules.

Return to Top
#2250184 - 03/08/21 02:53 PM Re: Annual Report-public disclosure of banks financial Compliance504
Compliance504 Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennessee
Yes...with that page I believe they have.....Thanks so much, Randy.....

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker