Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2250250 - 03/09/21 04:19 PM CTR Sole Prop
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have a sole prop operating under a DBA with two signers.

I know how to fill the CTR out for the sole prop/DBA per FinCEN's new guidance. However, what I am a little confused about is how to handle the other signer. Our account treats it as if he is a joint owner on the account, so in my mind he should have his own page and it should be indicated that he received benefit of the reportable deposit.

I know there are some system issues with how our sole props are set up, but I am not looking to discuss that at this time. I am just trying to determine if the other signer should be listed as receiving benefit of the deposit as well.

Thank you in advance!

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2250251 - 03/09/21 04:22 PM Re: CTR Sole Prop Anonymous
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Well, the first thing you need to do is decide what they are - a co-owner of the DBA or an authorized signer. If they are only an authorized signer - they have no ownership and therefor any transaction would not be conducted on their behalf.

#2250260 - 03/09/21 06:09 PM Re: CTR Sole Prop Anonymous
praBSA Offline
Gold Star
Agreed with above ^

Determine the business type. A general partnership is a business type where more than one person operates under a single DBA name. You need to determine if this is a general partnership (multiple owners) or a true single person DBA.

As Randy said, if they are just an authorized signer, they wouldn't be included as someone who had a transaction conducted on their behalf.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale