Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2250770 - 03/17/21 08:58 PM Flood Contents insurance on consumer loan
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is flood insurance on contents required on a HELOC in WI, I know it is available but required?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2250771 - 03/17/21 09:03 PM Re: Flood Contents insurance on consumer loan Anonymous
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Are you taking contents as collateral?

#2250776 - 03/17/21 09:29 PM Re: Flood Contents insurance on consumer loan Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

That is what I am struggling with. The note indicates that this agreement is also secured by collateral securing other loans that I may have with the lender to the extent not prohibited by the WI consumer act,

#2250789 - 03/18/21 11:50 AM Re: Flood Contents insurance on consumer loan Anonymous
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
That is the problem with dragnet clauses in consumer loan agreements. Likely, it is against the law to take a non-purchase money security interest in any consumer goods. However, if you lent them money to buy a washer and dryer on another loan, you might have an issue. This is something you need to sit down with your legal counsel about.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale