Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2251161 - 03/24/21 07:11 PM Looking for Creative Idea to Preserve Bank History
hatman Offline
We have the old bound books (think old deed books) of the Bank's daily hand written general ledger from the 1930s-1960s. Rather than trashing them, I'm looking for a creative way to save them. Turn them into a lobby check desk, display them somehow, donate to a local historical society, etc. There shouldn't be any confidential information in them. I just hate to simply throw them away. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2251162 - 03/24/21 07:16 PM Re: Looking for Creative Idea to Preserve Bank History hatman
InFairness, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
InFairness, CRCM
USA
I've seen old ledgers like this framed or placed under glass desktops (think something like a shadow box, but turned into a table) as part of branch decor.

Return to Top
#2251168 - 03/24/21 07:54 PM Re: Looking for Creative Idea to Preserve Bank History hatman
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
I too have seen old ledgers displayed in glass displays in bank lobbies.

The most unique ledger display I saw was last fall when my family visited Sauder Village in Archbold, OH. Souder Village is a historic village that has historic homes, shops, farms, etc. They recently added a bank to their 1920's main street area, and the bank had an original bank ledger, similar to the one you referenced.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#2251629 - 03/31/21 07:25 PM Re: Looking for Creative Idea to Preserve Bank History Adam Witmer
Comply 101 Offline
Platinum Poster
Comply 101
I personally input general ledger items into these ledger books in the early 1980s. Man I am getting old.

Return to Top