Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2251399 - 03/29/21 06:07 PM Emergency Capital Investment Program
Love Cruising Offline
100 Club
would a well capitalized financial institution be eligible to apply for the ECIP investment? We do not have most of our loans in low or moderate income areas and no in rural.

To me this is applicable more to those banks that are located and majority of their loans are located in low-moderate income areas and rural.

Thanks for your guidance.

Return to Top
CRA
#2251520 - 03/30/21 07:54 PM Re: Emergency Capital Investment Program Love Cruising
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Well, to begin with, the financial institution must be a certified Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) or minority depository institutions (MDIs). Start there......

Return to Top
#2252018 - 04/08/21 12:15 PM Re: Emergency Capital Investment Program Pale Rider
Love Cruising Offline
100 Club
We are an MDI.

I'm not clear as to the following scenarios if they apply or not.

Loans to recapture equity? I say No,

When identifying if a borrower is a minority, since most are business type loans and we do not collect that data should we go by the census data the provides the % of minority in the census tract? If so, should we use the census of the property or business that secured the loan or should it be the census tract of where the owners of the business is located?.

Return to Top
#2253801 - 05/12/21 02:27 PM Re: Emergency Capital Investment Program Love Cruising
MusicCityCRCM Offline
100 Club
I am also curious how other CDFIs applying for this investment will gather demographic data on their customers. Management is requesting that we find a way to reflect the information on deposit customers, which we have never done. Has anyone else found a way to accomplish this in a compliant manner?

Return to Top