Thread Options
#2251607 - 03/31/21 06:14 PM Appraisal Delivery
CMSIngenue Offline
100 Club
What constitutes the date of delivery for electronic delivery of the appraisal in compliance e-sign? Is it the date the appraisal is sent? Does Reg B require the sender to follow Mail Box Rule if borrower never opens up the email?

Return to Top
Interagency (Reg Z) and CFPB Reg B Appraisal Rules
#2251613 - 03/31/21 06:32 PM Re: Appraisal Delivery CMSIngenue
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
i. For purposes of this timing requirement, "provide" means "deliver." Delivery occurs three business days after mailing or delivering the copies to the last-known address of the applicant, or when evidence indicates actual receipt by the applicant, whichever is earlier. Delivery to or actual receipt by the applicant by electronic means must comply with the E-Sign Act, as provided for in § 1002.14(a)(5).

Return to Top
#2251618 - 03/31/21 06:55 PM Re: Appraisal Delivery CMSIngenue
CMSIngenue Offline
100 Club
Thank you but I am still confused. If provide means delivered and the appraisal is sent to the borrower on 1/1 electronically and in compliance with e-sign, then the appraisal is considered delivered on 1/1 regardless of whether borrower opens up the email?

Or do you follow mailbox rule?

Or do you consider it delivered when borrower actually opens up the email?

Return to Top
#2251628 - 03/31/21 07:24 PM Re: Appraisal Delivery CMSIngenue
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Delivery occurs three business days after mailing or delivering the copies to the last-known address of the applicant, or when evidence indicates actual receipt by the applicant, whichever is earlier.,

The applicant has to acknowledge they received the appraisal otherwise you have the 3 business day presumption of receipt.

Return to Top
#2251660 - 04/01/21 03:27 AM Re: Appraisal Delivery CMSIngenue
CMSIngenue Offline
100 Club
So if provided on Monday, 1/1 and borrower never opens up the email, there is a presumption of receipt 3 business days later?

Return to Top
#2251664 - 04/01/21 12:45 PM Re: Appraisal Delivery CMSIngenue
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
Yes, assuming you comply with E-Sign.

The commentary Dan provided previously is the citation for this.
i. For purposes of this timing requirement, "provide" means "deliver." Delivery occurs three business days after mailing or delivering the copies to the last-known address of the applicant, or when evidence indicates actual receipt by the applicant, whichever is earlier. Delivery to or actual receipt by the applicant by electronic means must comply with the E-Sign Act, as provided for in § 1002.14(a)(5).

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top