BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#2246754 - 12/18/20 10:14 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Sunshine Lady Offline
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
My sister works in a nursing home also and she got the virus and has been off for over a month. She has tested negative, but her body has not bounced back and the doctor will not release her to go back to work. She has underlying issues which make her weak and short of breath, so I am hoping she builds up her system enough to get the vaccine if she wants to.

Return to Top
#2248281 - 01/27/21 09:08 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
One of my best friends from grade school was married to a 69 year old, healthy, very active guy. She's 65. They made a risk decision that as long as their EMT son-in-law wasn't quarantined, they'd include him, their youngest daughter, and their granddaughter in their bubble. He had several quarantines, they'd wait out the 2 weeks, then get back together. He got sick in mid-December, but tested negative. My friend had lunch with her daughter. Daughter tested positive the next day as did her EMT husband. By then, she'd dumped a viral load on my friend at lunch (no masks, because eating...) and then my friend ended up sick and tested positive. Shortly after that, her husband started coughing badly so they went to the ER. He was admitted straight to the ICU and she was admitted to a regular room because O2 stats weren't good enough to go home. 4 days later, she went home and they put him on a ventilator (December 23rd). He died on January 5th. I understand that they made a risk-based decision that they were comfortable with (and I wasn't), but what a tragic outcome. If they hadn't trusted a false negative or she had just decided to hold off on lunch until nobody was sick.... they've had a great 3 years of retirement with lots of international cruises and travel around this country, but d@mm1t. One tragic decision and that's just memories.

We got Pfizer dose #1 on Monday. Barely any side effects - just enough to know that my immune system was responding. Counting the days to the second dose.

Return to Top
#2248283 - 01/27/21 09:28 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I'm so sorry for your friend and her husband. I can't imagine the thoughts running through her head and the guilt. Prayers for the entire family.

My son is a teacher and told me this afternoon that he believes they are scheduled to get the first shot in early February.

Return to Top
#2248287 - 01/27/21 10:41 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
That is truly heartbreaking. The guilt on top of the pain must be immense. This year has been so tough. I'm so sorry for your friends family.
As the child to a parent in her 70's, I cannot explain the relief I've felt since she got her vaccines. It's like a weight has lifted. I know it's not fool proof but it's so measure of protection and reassurance.

Return to Top
#2248294 - 01/28/21 12:28 AM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
I can't imagine how my friend is handling this. She's in TX and has a lot of family and friends surrounding her. I hope that's enough. I think about her late at night.

I know the relief it feels to get an email on Friday night telling you to open the medical app to schedule the vaccine and Monday appointments are available. It's feels really good to have the second shot scheduled. I know it's only starting to talk to my immune system, but there's a date on the calendar now when it's going be as effective as it's going to get and that's a huge relief.

Return to Top
#2248573 - 02/02/21 09:16 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
PSA: when you get your 'invitation' to schedule for the vaccine, don't be picky about where to get it. If I'd picked the place closest to my home, I'd be waiting another six weeks. Hitting any location (in my city) got me, my husband and my 94 yr old mother in next week Friday.

A friend in another city had called to ask about a waiting list and was told to come right in because they had ten more doses to use up today.

Just remember, getting the vaccine doesn't mean you can throw your mask away. Stay vigilant till everyone who wants it has gotten the vaccine AND CDC gives the all clear.

Return to Top
#2248574 - 02/02/21 09:21 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Thanks for the heads up. In Tennessee they are now scheduling for ages 70 and older. When they drop to 65 my husband will get it. He originally said he would wait until I was eligible - but I told him that his getting the vaccine would help to protect me, too.

Return to Top
#2248915 - 02/09/21 06:27 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
i had it, was fortunate the symptoms were pretty light for me...sadly, i also gave to MsGilmore, MIL, SIL, BIL, 2 nephews...MsGilmore gave to 3 co-workers...because my first test was negative and told simply a sinus infection...fast forward 4 days and suddenly was positive...too late by that time for hte family bubble. We are lucky that everyone has come through without too much issue, could have been much worse.

Return to Top
#2248917 - 02/09/21 06:30 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
So glad everyone was OK Happy - and I'm sure that was a horrible feeling.

Return to Top
#2248933 - 02/09/21 07:51 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
praBSA Offline
Gold Star
Wife and 2 year old started symptoms on 1/8, I started symptoms on 1/15. Kid had a runny nose for a day. Wife had a debilitating headache, congestion, and quick shortness of breath for about 5 days. First two days I had no taste n smell, next 6 days were fever, chills, and extreme fatigue, 1 day of coughing to end it. All symptoms are now gone but I still have no taste and smell after about a month. Glad we all got through it. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Return to Top
#2248934 - 02/09/21 07:53 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I'm glad you all got through it too, praBSA.

Return to Top
#2248935 - 02/09/21 08:00 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Just got a rescheduling of my vaccination appt, and Mom's and hub's too. Seems UW was shorted 2400 doses so everyone waits a while longer. frown Wish we could get my 94 yr old mom in.

Return to Top
#2248996 - 02/10/21 03:36 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
praBSA Offline
Gold Star
I was wondering what happened here in NY. When Cuomo announced his tiers of people for vaccination, bankers were included in about the 3rd group of people with retail facing essential workers. We disappeared from that group and are no where to be found and are about at group 6 now without being mentioned in his plan. .sigh

Return to Top
#2249009 - 02/10/21 05:03 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Just got my second dose Monday (only reason I was offered it is because of my direct volunteerism with the local elder agency and having to go into elder homes). Anyway, FYI, yesterday the day after, I was home sick in bed with fever, bodyaches, headache, etc, all known side effects, especially with the second dose. If that makes time planning for your vaccine easier.

Return to Top
#2249079 - 02/11/21 01:50 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 praBSA
Soccer Offline
Diamond Poster
Utopia
Originally Posted by praBSA
I was wondering what happened here in NY. When Cuomo announced his tiers of people for vaccination, bankers were included in about the 3rd group of people with retail facing essential workers. We disappeared from that group and are no where to be found and are about at group 6 now without being mentioned in his plan. .sigh

I would really love to give you my thoughts about this (I also live in NY) but the moderators would not like it.

Hang in there, our time has got to be coming up at some point.

Return to Top
#2249095 - 02/11/21 04:12 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 Soccer
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted by Soccer

I would really love to give you my thoughts about this (I also live in NY) but the moderators would not like it.

Same here

CAMS

Return to Top
#2249110 - 02/11/21 05:53 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 edAudit
praBSA Offline
Gold Star
Originally Posted by edAudit
Originally Posted by Soccer

Same here

confused laugh laugh laugh

Return to Top
#2250887 - 03/19/21 03:10 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I just received my first dose (Pfizer) this morning and will receive the 2nd on April 15th. My husband gets his 2nd dose next Friday.

So far - so good!

Return to Top
#2250889 - 03/19/21 03:19 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
one deer Offline
Any where but work
Received my first Moderna vaccine March 4, to sick to do much for 3 days, felt fine until Friday afternoon, then the fever started and it was downhill from there. Still feel a bit foggy in my brain and some body aches, LOL maybe that's not from the vaccine perhaps its just being 61 years old. Yes I am taking the second vaccine after Easter to stay on schedule. Hope my reaction is no worse, fingers crossed. Onward and upward.

Return to Top
#2250891 - 03/19/21 03:26 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Fingers crossed for you, too - and hopefully your second dose will be much easier!

My husband and son got Moderna. My son had a sore arm for the first dose; however had a reaction to the 2nd dose - fever, headache, tiredness for a couple of days.

Return to Top
#2250895 - 03/19/21 03:49 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Purple Pride Offline
Purple Pride
Where I am supposed to be
I get my vaccine this afternoon. I am not sure which version I will be getting but hopeful it will be the one dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine. But I am not picky.

Return to Top
#2250897 - 03/19/21 03:58 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Glad you've got it scheduled PP.

Return to Top
#2250898 - 03/19/21 04:23 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 one deer
madukes Offline
Diamond Poster
madukes
Flyers Country
Son in law also got Moderna and was sick for 3 days (mid 40s); hubby got Pfizer and felt fine - goes for 2nd shot next week (67).

Return to Top
#2250900 - 03/19/21 04:25 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
madukes Offline
Diamond Poster
madukes
Flyers Country
Vaccination site here in Philly was run by the military - what a smooth operation. Hubby went and got his and total time frame from when he left the house and returned was an hour and a half (that included sitting for 20 minutes to make sure no reaction).

Return to Top
#2250924 - 03/19/21 07:41 PM Re: Tested positive for COVID 19 waldensouth
InFairness, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
InFairness, CRCM
USA
I got Pfizer, and felt like I had a bad cold or mild flu for 1 day after first dose. Hopefully second won't be any worse. Local health department ran an awesome production line to get folks in and out smoothly.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett