Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2253194 - 04/29/21 01:11 PM address at closing
complyorelse Offline
Gold Star
U.S.
We have a reportable construction/perm loan and at time of closing we do not have a house number. Loan staff enter "0" as the house number along with the street name, etc. into the LOS for processing. Is "0" okay to report as part of the address or should we report N/A? Commentary leads me to believe we should report N/A. It is a manual process to go in after closing to change the HMDA field to N/A. Getting pushback so I need to be sure I am not pushing a non-issue.

Commentary
Property address—not applicable. A financial institution complies with § 1003.4(a)(9)(i) by
reporting that the requirement is not applicable if the property address of the property securing
the covered loan is not known. For example, if the property did not have a property address at
closing or if the applicant did not provide the property address of the property to the financial
institution before the application was denied, withdrawn, or closed for incompleteness, the
financial institution complies with § 1003.4(a)(9)(i) by reporting that the requirement is not
applicable.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2253196 - 04/29/21 01:14 PM Re: address at closing complyorelse
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#2253250 - 04/29/21 09:28 PM Re: address at closing complyorelse
complyorelse Offline
Gold Star
U.S.
Thank you.

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM